AMMAY Posted October 7, 2006 Report Posted October 7, 2006 I installed a new head unit this week to get hi speed ipod control. The specs were almost identical between my sony and the new one and they both had the same features. They also cost about the same. I didnt complain before, it hurt my ears when it was knockin, I just wanted ipod in the car. The system is much louder now. I mean I feel the air blowing by me when it hits. The highs can be heard with detail at hi volume. I got more then I expected, and thats just sweet. Sony you suck! Leave car audio alone!
emperorjj1 Posted October 7, 2006 Report Posted October 7, 2006 i know lol how can we compair if we dont know what were compairing too? did you look and input impendances? rms of internall amp? output voltage? ect J. JMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer
Guest 90accordman Posted October 11, 2006 Report Posted October 11, 2006 Sony never has really been decent in car audio...as i've said before, i wish they could apply some home theatre knowledge of thier ES line to some quality Car audio.
emperorjj1 Posted October 12, 2006 Report Posted October 12, 2006 oh they could but now its a worthless uphill battle...now if they were good from the beginning and stayed that way then they would be in good shape (i herd some of their older stuff was "good" from a few peeps thou) J. JMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer
AP Zoutes Posted October 12, 2006 Report Posted October 12, 2006 yep, I had a Sony pullout cd player (lol) in 94,95 soundeed great bought it used (about a year old) and lasted about 3 years until I sold the car. survived about two different cars and at least 10 maybe 20 diffent stereo designs their new ones lood good like : http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lbYnmbpVseQ/c...00&I=158GT805DX I just don't know if I can trust their specs
AMMAY Posted October 12, 2006 Author Report Posted October 12, 2006 yep, I had a Sony pullout cd player (lol) in 94,95 soundeed great bought it used (about a year old) and lasted about 3 years until I sold the car. survived about two different cars and at least 10 maybe 20 diffent stereo designs their new ones lood good like : http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lbYnmbpVseQ/c...00&I=158GT805DX I just don't know if I can trust their specs Compare it to : http://www.crutchfield.com/S-iMkhUE54UZG/c...00CDA9857&g=300 $20.00 extra goes a long way, trust me, this ting sounds great.
AP Zoutes Posted October 13, 2006 Report Posted October 13, 2006 I'm not thinking of getting a Sony I was just bringing that up. THis will be my next H/U http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tAd2TuGf3dB/c...50&I=500IVAW200
AP Zoutes Posted October 13, 2006 Report Posted October 13, 2006 or this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DWW3JXkibfX/c...50&I=099AVN5435 I think the alpine will sound better but the nav upgrade is an extra $1700. The Eclipse has nav built in.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.