Ground loop problem

Also could be the whole indash my friend was in town and he got a new indash and amp for all the speakers before he hooked the amp up everything sounded fine after the amp horrible turbo whine whenever he hit the gas you couldn't even hear the music so I spent 3 days changing and checking everything I could think of even re wiring all of the speakers finally said maybe you got a faulty in dash went to the store traded out put the new one in in the parking lot and ding ding ding nothing sounded great.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

you can try to ground the rca cables to the HU chassis.

those grounds are horrible, you cant just pinch the wire in between 2 pieces of metal.

my guess is that it is your amp. some amps just make noise. turn the gain down and it may go away.

i have a ground loop isolator, didnt do anything bad to the SQ or volume.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Like i said, i put ring terminals on all the grounds and bolted them down.

The gain on the hifonics is not very high at all. Obviously if i turn the gain down, you won't hear it because you won't hear anything at all. And like i said before, there was no buzzing until I added the hifonics amp.

Edited by hatrix

Fi SSD 18/ 9cuft @ 32hz

you can try to ground the rca cables to the HU chassis.

How exactly do you ground the RCA's to the HU chassis. I read somewhere that you wrap a wire around the outside of the RCA's and tap into the head unit ground but I am not sure if that means both RCA's or just one. Not trying to thread jack just having the same problem with alt whine since I put in my 4 channel amp.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

How exactly do you ground the RCA's to the HU chassis. I read somewhere that you wrap a wire around the outside of the RCA's and tap into the head unit ground but I am not sure if that means both RCA's or just one. Not trying to thread jack just having the same problem with alt whine since I put in my 4 channel amp.

you wrap the wire around the outer connector on all the RCAs and connect the other end to a screw on the hu.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Having already soldered the pico fuse, that can't be my problem. Grounding the RCAs would do nothing for me.

well that was only one thing in my list. why dont you try the others instead of worrying about what wont work?