Sonic Electronix

I am a beginner. I drive a 2005 Chevy Silverado z71 Crew cab. I want to put speakers in my truck but don't know what to get. I was thinking about putting a box on top the seat and putting 2 12" CVRS. I am not shure what amp to get. I would most likely get a kicker box and have my stuff professionally installed. Are these subs any good? A friend told me i should get Rockford Fosgate p3s cause they are better, but they are more expensive. Wouldn't the CVRs be better for a beginner as i could always upgrade? I also prefer slap/vibration/slam over loudness. Thanks for feedback!

2005 Chevy Silverado z71 crew cab.

DD2515a 2ohm

Lunar 1500w

JVC head unit

"My beat quakin mirrors shakin"

welcome man,

theres a lot more than just different types of subs

but i got the P3s in my honda in the recommended sealed box and they bump/vibrate/slap and are pretty damn loud.

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

i have a set of kick COMPs not even the CVR's and they hit good for what they are and im running them at twice there rated rms (300rms each) and i have had them for almost three years now with no issues. I have heard a set of cvr in the kicker box and they are good especially in that small of cab space but amps i would recommend for that is a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP that will push them with plenty of head room and lots of upgradability if you want better subs later on. i will advise against the square subs of any kind i have seen them give out fairly quick on more than one occasion

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

and welcome to the world of meade

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

LOL no turning back now, it's all down hill from here, constant upgrades from now on

how about it i started out with jbl 10s blew those and now im getting a fi 15 and always doing stuff like tint and all (still not pleased with my rear window)

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

CVR's will handle some abuse but tend to have tinsel breakage/burning problems, the p3's will take more than their rated power all day ported or sealed. i would say p3's are Rockford's most durable woofer. Just look at the Rockford sound lab they could use any sub at their disposal and they use p3 15s make you kinda wonder doesn't it.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

My cvx's lasted about two years they were awesome not sure what happened to one woofer it locked up but still metered a perfect 2ohm a coil.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back