Sonic Electronix

Two type r's and one t1500-1bd?

So i am redoing my system. Pulling out the two kicker cvr 12's, kenwod amps, front and rear components, basically everything but the kenwood kvt-696 and replacing it with two alpine type r's, 12" dual 2ohm, mb quart reference series separates front and rear. I'm building the box myself, it will be sealed and built to spec with a divider between the subs. All made from 3/4 mdf. I am down to shopping for amps. I was thinking the Rockford t1500-1bd for the subs running at two ohms, and the t400-4 for the separates. I also need at least one power capacitor, maybe a bigger alternator, the stock one is 140amp. This is all going in a 1993 BMW 525i. What would be your guys suggestions for amps? This is by no means a competition build, just for my everyday listening. Once I have all the pieces I will start a build thread. It will be kinda a slow build but hope to have it done by halloween. Thanks in advance, Keith.

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000

Focal mids/highs

Alpine mrp-f300

Build thread to come in a couple weeks after I source some more stuff

So i am redoing my system. Pulling out the two kicker cvr 12's, kenwod amps, front and rear components, basically everything but the kenwood kvt-696 and replacing it with two alpine type r's, 12" dual 2ohm, mb quart reference series separates front and rear. I'm building the box myself, it will be sealed and built to spec with a divider between the subs. All made from 3/4 mdf. I am down to shopping for amps. I was thinking the Rockford t1500-1bd for the subs running at two ohms, and the t400-4 for the separates. I also need at least one power capacitor, maybe a bigger alternator, the stock one is 140amp. This is all going in a 1993 BMW 525i. What would be your guys suggestions for amps? This is by no means a competition build, just for my everyday listening. Once I have all the pieces I will start a build thread. It will be kinda a slow build but hope to have it done by halloween. Thanks in advance, Keith.

Get the dual 4s...build a ported box on the low end and they will take more power..this way your amp wont be on full tilt adn wont have to be clipped signal...I got two 15 type Rs on a 1500...the subs see 750(there reccomended) at minimum up to 900 at times

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I already have the subs, and I hate porter boxes, just personal preference. And the t1500 wont be taxed at 2ohms, the birth sheet of the one I looked at yesterday said 1281 watts rms at 2ohm, 1873 at 1ohm, which this amp is very stable at 1ohm let alone 2ohm.

As for the first reply, those are great deals! Definitly will consider them!

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000

Focal mids/highs

Alpine mrp-f300

Build thread to come in a couple weeks after I source some more stuff

no you dont need reallyy need a alt

but upgrading is never a bad thing either

i would just upgrade the big 3

and put an extra batt in the trunk like a kinetic hc2400

and for the amp you could do an audioque2200d they are $390 shipped

and will be giving each sub about 1100 rms which is plenty

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Archived