XS Power

vcm not working properly

Last I heard they pulled the vcms and aren't making them anymore because of a lot of problems with them....

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

I have same issue, when I hook up my VCM to my quad setup I can't lower the voltage below like 15.9 volts if I have all four alts hooked up, If I hook up three I can't drop it below 15.0, but if I just hook up two or one alt to the vcm and other just connected to the stock harness, I have all the control in the world.

I have the same problem with one or 2 it works fine with 3 i cant drop it below 15v and i have it on a switch and every time i turn it on it peaks at 16.3 and i have to re adjust it real quick befare it blows my computer or something. why is that nathan and why does it lose its memory each time? i wish it had a potentiometer or something so it stays at were you put it at. i just use it for comps cause it wont go below 15v and you said dont charge the batterys higher than 14.9

There is no reason it should lose the memory. As long as the harness is hooked up and there is power going to the VCM it should remember the set points. If you have it on a switch, then that can have an effect on the memory of the VCM.

I do not know why it would increase the voltage when hooked up to multiple alts. There are a few people that have had this problem, but most do not. Steve has had the earliest VCM and hasn't had a problem. They are changing out some of the board, because some of the parts are not available any more and they are going to update the program in it.

The VCM has a 1 year warranty so you are more than welcome to give us a call for an RGA # and send it in.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

my vcm on 4 alts still wont lower below 16v.

set in 12v mode

but it lets me ramp it all the way up to 19+v

when the truck starts cold, it will charge at 17.6v...... and thats at its lowest avail setting.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

my vcm on 4 alts still wont lower below 16v.

set in 12v mode

but it lets me ramp it all the way up to 19+v

when the truck starts cold, it will charge at 17.6v...... and thats at its lowest avail setting.

uhh i hope you dont have 12v batteries....if you do, how the hell hasnt there been a problem?

12 v batts.

and its fuggin magic.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If you are having trouble with the VCM please email [email protected]

This will help the guys in the long run. I myself have only heard of a few VCMs that were acting up.

ive chatted with you about it a few times.

just havent needed to get back on the truck to figure it out.

it does act fine with it only on 1 alt

I will send it back to you after autorama, got to use it one more time 1st:)

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.