I know someone selling two JL audio 12w0's, but personally i think my eclipse 87121.8s are better. What would you guys choose?

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

Lets see, those JL's are 125rms each, 250rms total

Your Eclipse are SVC 8-ohm subs want 300rms each, 600 rms total

Amp does at least 500 @ 2ohm, 320 @ 4ohm

You can only wire those JL's to a 2ohm load (SVC 4ohm) so at least 500rms, double the power they can "handle"

Right now I'm sure you have it wired at 4ohms so only giving the Eclipse about 320rms when they want double that...not sure what your amp birth sheet says though since I know RF amps are underrated, right you you are most likely "under powering" the Eclipse (not by much I'm sure) and with the JL's you will have more than enough, I'd say just stick with the Eclipse

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I've heard JL's they always sounded good to me but i don't want to dump money on them if they aren't gonna be louder.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

I have W3's in a dual HO Box off 500rms, I like it. I could take more bass but for now its enough for me.

It all depends on install/enclosure but just by the specs alone those Eclipse are looking better. May not sound "as" good but def louder. Are the eclipse in a ported, that will add output easily.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Yeah they in a RT obcon slot ported box, they distort pretty easy, and if i remember correctly I called eclipse and they said they recommend them to be in a sealed ( they gave me box size for sealed, but when i asked about ported they didn't have any recommendations. )

Edited by Maroon97SL

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.