Sundown Audio

My box is tuned to 40-ish hz but I still slam it 26hz-50hz lol. I abuse the hell out of my sa-12's... poor things

vids? :popcorn:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

well i have a trunk car, and can put up to a 5 cube box in there. i heard to put them in 1.75 per sub, which i can do. so i was thinking 1.75 per sub tuned to 33hz with a slot port. subs in one chamber and port to side. i have a autotek 1900 and i would wire at 1 ohm (dual 4s) and that amp supposibly does rated at 14.4v but i rest at 13.5 and drop down to 12.9-13.1 at full tilt. so im prob gonna set gain to 1800rms at 1 ohm (with dmm) and after rise and volt drop it should be close to sub rms, atleast not to much over powering. i heard these subs are beasts lol but what would you reccomend? iwant to kill the lows.

im doing the exact same thing... putting it im my beamer tuning them to 33hz with a AQ1200D amp which does rated power

mJzD9.png

still dunnno what to tune too :'(

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i dont want to go to low where to it isnt loud

1j1450.png

moneys tight right now as it is for mostly everyone else.. i guess ill do 30, but i just want to know why exactly they said 30hz and what my friend said means lol just trying to learn a little more is all.

1j1450.png

35hz, it will should still play pretty low and will will be a bit louder than 30hz tuning

I am tuned at 34-35 on 3.5cubes and i love it!

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire