Second Skin Audio

Need a box design

Forevrbumpn said 6 cu ft. max per sub with suggested tuning being 24 - 28 hz. I don't know about sub displacement though.

Edited by Basshead08

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

how's it a type of a 6th order? I see only see two chambers sharing one port, tapered or not, its just looks like a ported box.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

how's it a type of a 6th order? I see only see two chambers sharing one port, tapered or not, its just looks like a ported box.

You can represent it as a series-tuned 6th-order. If photobucket wasn't being lame I would upload a pic.

The subs and 'rear ports' (where the rear chambers open into the center) fire into the front 'chamber' which is 'ported' out the front. The front 'chamber' is both the port and the airspace... which is kinda why it's a pseudo-tapped-horn at the front.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Man, I wished there was a top view of the whole enclosure cus I don't see it. lol.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

So can one of you help me out with a design?

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

bump for design.

The max dimensions are 48" wide by 60" long by 20" tall.

You're welcome to use the design in my build log. And mine looks like a 6th order as well but when you crunch the numbers you get a front chamber of 2.9 cubes with 660 square inches of port 6 inches long meaning its tuned to 150 hz so all 6th order properties are bunked.

My boxes dimensions are slightly smaller then your max for width and height, and although tuned to 36 hz i still peak at 45 with it. I made a temporary port insert for it recently that's not in the log that shrinks the port 1.5" both ways and drops the tuning to 31 hz. I'm still on the fence of whether I want to keep the change. It make my noticeable peak go down to 40-41 hz though.

This box got me a 152 on the termlab so...