Second Skin Audio

Need a box design

The box will be a blowthrough design for two 18's I had built by forevrbumpn. I will get max dimensions of my be in the morning. Just wanna get an idea of what it will cost me to get a design and if possible I would like to see a design or two that you have done in the past. I don't mind paying good money for a good design from someone who has experience with blowthroughs. Thanks in advance guys and you can pm or reply here. The specs for the subs are attached.

post-21612-12837420085_thumb.jpg

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

hit up memphisbasshead, he designed my box, and i'm gonna get him to build it for me here in a week or so, he's a really cool guy as well.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

hit up memphisbasshead, he designed my box, and i'm gonna get him to build it for me here in a week or so, he's a really cool guy as well.

He's also a giant fraud, 18 years old and has about 3/5ths of fuck all experience, apparently.

Not many people have experience with blowthroughs. I've never built one but I've designed a few, if you want to see some of the sketchups let me know and I'll post if I remember to.

Are you going full height or half-height? Max dimensions are good, sometimes you can fit a pseudo-tapped-horn/6th order hybrid in a bed if you don't mind it being really long. Also how much are you going to chop? Full width or just an opening?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The max dimensions are 48" wide by 60" long by 20" tall.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Would help to know sub displacement, how cuft the sub preform best in, and what you would like the box tuned to.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

sorry for thread jack

@boon, whats a psuedo-tapped horn/6th order enclosure consist of/look like?

Jack's Sleeper is a pretty good example. Whether it was designed to be one of not, that's essentially what it is. A large issue with them is that if you have multiple subs at different distances from the mouth of the 'horn' then you can get phasing issues. Which is why this design is easiest with 1 sub or 2 in a mirrored configuration.

I have a sketchup somewhere...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Jack's Sleeper is a pretty good example. Whether it was designed to be one of not, that's essentially what it is. A large issue with them is that if you have multiple subs at different distances from the mouth of the 'horn' then you can get phasing issues. Which is why this design is easiest with 1 sub or 2 in a mirrored configuration.

I have a sketchup somewhere...

I would actually love to see an example. I can't find many pics on the sleeper that goes deeper, just the vid meade has.

Edited by tercelchris

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.