Sonic Electronix

My brother sold me his subs and amp, they have very little play on them and I paid a total of $280. The amp is a Kenwood KAC-8105d (1000 watts) and the subs are Sony Xplode (dont know the exact model but according to him they are a thousand watts each), I know they arent the best but they hit about 10 times harder than my current 7 year old Visonik subs.

What should I set everything on the amp to? Its got "input sensitivity"(min 5,4,3,2,1, .5, .3, and .2 max), "LPF Frequency" (50-200), and "ISF" (off, 15hz, or 25hz).

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Man... Your brother ripped you off. eBay has 12" Sony XPLODS for about $60 a piece give or take and that amplifier can't be anymore than $100, thats NEW the fact that you bought it all USED off your BROTHER makes you a FOOL and him a TOOL sorry man :-/ BTW xplods are 300RMS not 1000.

I cant believe your brother would rip you off that bad.. :rofl: . A pair of new Xplod 12" woofers are $120 and that amplifier can't be anymore than $80. The fact that you also bought used makes this deal that much worse, man your brothers a tool :-/ anyways: :rofl:

LPF = 70-80

and GAIN would depend on a lot of things (sensitvity) I'd just put at half or less for now.

X2 hahahaha

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

I think I prefer my old system with two $60 Premier subs matched with a cea-2006 900wrms Xplod amplifier for $270 new loll

You should set the input sensitivity to the voltage output of your headunit. (It might possibly clip) LPF Frequency should be right below the end of the midbass. So if our mids are set to play down to 80hz, set the lpf to 80hz. ISF I'm guessing is the subsonic filter. Set that to maybe 3hz below your box tuning. If it's only those options, then set it to 25hz.

But yeah you did get ripped off...from your own brother.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Archived