Second Skin Audio

when sealing from the trunk.

Alex K

Well im gonna have some areas around my box when i seal it off from the trunk (obviously) so I was planning on filling the big gaps with wood, then going in the crevices with that expanding foam. Is that basically it? Just seal off from the front of the box forward? It's alright if the back isn't sealed, as long as there's no room for the air and sub waves to get back into the trunk that's all there is to it? First time doing a sealed in the trunk so i'm just double checking!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yep, make sure to get every crack, and seal off the rear deck too.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

yeah i was about to say dont forget abouut the rear deck. it can be a pita to be sure to get every hole. and it kills the ressale value of your car beacuse that shit never comes off

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Oh. Do you have rear speakers? If not like me I put a layer of sound deadener over the holes so no sound can get in the trunk through my rear deck.

Edit: damn ninja posters! Lol

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yeah i do have speakers i want to keep. I was plannin on going over the reardeck with some like 1/4 inch mdf and attaching to the sides. Then going over any cracks with foam. And im not too worried about cosmetic. The trunk is stripped of any carpet, so everything will either be covered back up with the carpet siding when sold, and under the rear deck who gives a fuck lol noone looks there and goes "o i see foam, i want to take off 150$" lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived