Sonic Electronix

RCA Volume Control / better than bass "booster"?

heard the "booster/gain" knob only adds to clipping. would this be a better thing to work with? and would this reduce the volts? to the amp from the deck? I think I only have 2v outputs as it is, wouldnt want to cut it down anymore.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUME-CONTROL-WORKS-ALL-AMPS-RCA-SPEAKER-INPUT-/150383430232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23038d0a58#ht_2392wt_706

thanks for any input. and if you know of a better one, please post.

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

get the PAC line level control thing...though i just use the sub control on my HU, same thing, but external

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

i have a RCA bass knob. not this model though. it said nothing about bringing down pre amp voltage in the instructions. and it doesn't adjust the gain like a normal amp bass knob. as far as i know lol. i like the RCA bass knob more than the regular knob that came for my amp.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

get the PAC line level control thing...though i just use the sub control on my HU, same thing, but external

That swhat i have the PAC line level controller. same as a bass knob. just uses the rca's.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

That swhat i have the PAC line level controller. same as a bass knob. just uses the rca's.

Yeah bro if you want to restrict voltage to your sub amps and then turn it up when you want bass, i would stick to the headunit subout controls....safest and simplest way

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

The PAC line level controller is sweet!

I am going to buy another one soon. :santa:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

i have the one for the RCAs,,i have the subs set for balls out,,,but when i want less bass i just turn the knob down some,,and its great for demos,,,you can start the song with the knob off then bring up the subs to full throttle or as much as needed,,and as fast as you want to scare the hell out of people

RCA knob is a potentiometer for your RCA. All the way down the voltage is zero, all the way up your voltage is your head units preout. somewhat like a remote gain knob.

Matt, you should just invest in some amps that use remote instead of bass boost knobs ;)

Yeah bro if you want to restrict voltage to your sub amps and then turn it up when you want bass, i would stick to the headunit subout controls....safest and simplest way

yea i use the knob for demos and, metering. i have daily settings and comp settings for my HU subout controls. i will look more into this controller though. :drinks:

teamxa2-1.jpg

holy crap, talk about some quick responses!

i have a RCA bass knob. not this model though. it said nothing about bringing down pre amp voltage in the instructions. and it doesn't adjust the gain like a normal amp bass knob. as far as i know lol. i like the RCA bass knob more than the regular knob that came for my amp.

works pretty good on my alpine, but lovin the surprise attack! :rofl:

The PAC line level controller is sweet!

I am going to buy another one soon. :santa:

any links for purchase?

i have the one for the RCAs,,i have the subs set for balls out,,,but when i want less bass i just turn the knob down some,,and its great for demos,,,you can start the song with the knob off then bring up the subs to full throttle or as much as needed,,and as fast as you want to scare the hell out of people

RCA knob is a potentiometer for your RCA. All the way down the voltage is zero, all the way up your voltage is your head units preout. somewhat like a remote gain knob.

Matt, you should just invest in some amps that use remote instead of bass boost knobs ;)

that doesn't sound good. what are you using? the remote's that came with the sundowns?

yea i use the knob for demos and, metering. i have daily settings and comp settings for my HU subout controls. i will look more into this controller though. :drinks:

thanks guys for the crazy fast response's!

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived