SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

That is just the floor of the truck underneath the false floor.

The more I play these things the deaper it digs. I will eventually meter it just for the hell of it but honestly I dont care about the numbers this is an absolutly beast of a groundpounder. It makes me feel like I swallowed a damn tennis ball and they are only seeing 2500 watts each right now.

Alot of people say this ^^

Very few subs will sound as good as an SMD can. And they really are efficient, but scary as all hell with lots of power up them :)

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

Got it on the meter today and I must say the numbers dont justify the way it sounds. It plays musics between 145-147 but my god it feels so much higher. Im thinking about redesigning the box with a little more airspace and moving the port. Any thoughts?

sorry if i missed it but what are you tuned too?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Double post ftw

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Well many smd's disapoint in numbers I kind of knew you previous setup was and did put better numbers than this idk though why is that?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

sorry if i missed it but what are you tuned too?

34.5hz

Well many smd's dissapoint I numbers I kind of knew you previous setup was and did put better numbers than this idk though why is that?

Thats what I have seen here and now have seen for myself. I did a comparison tonight to find out how the SMDs would perform in the box that I had my Solo Xs in.

With the box seen in this thread, which is built 12.81 cuft before displacements with port 8.5*17.5*20 which is tuned about 34hz musically was playing 145s with 2500w per sub...burp at full 5k per sub at 44hz did a 148.45

Tonight I swapped boxes and put the SMDs in my box for my Solo Xs which is 16.5cuft before displacements with a port 8*25*18.5 which is tuned about 34hz musically was playing 146-147 on 2500 per sub....burp at full 5k per sub at 42hz did a 150.45

Any thoughts on box design with firing subs up and port up or firing both forward? Also what would be the best placement for firing a port up in a truck?

that sub isn't a very loud one, I know thats going to start a war but what I mean is it's not made to be a spl sub that is efficient as possible, it's made to sound good and play flat, which imo means alot more than a number on the tlab

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

it is true the meter can be really deciving... my btl only did a 137 but i was tuned low but still was louder to ear then most... i say fire foward subs and port, basically a wall..

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

that sub isn't a very loud one, I know thats going to start a war but what I mean is it's not made to be a spl sub that is efficient as possible, it's made to sound good and play flat, which imo means alot more than a number on the tlab

I agree with you 100%. It sounds amazing and numbers dont justify the way it sounds and performs. I was just curious abou the difference in the 2 boxes so I swapped them and I think this sub is going to like more airspace than the 5cuft after displacements that they were getting in my original box.

Archived