Sonic Electronix

Thanks guys. Right now I have my Level set to 1V with no bass boost or bass. But I set the loudness to Medium and the sub W to +5 and their is another equalizer setting on the 50Khz and the higher you set it the more bass you get. So thats on +4. I get good clean bass but the subwoofers barely move?? should I go up a little on the bass? I dont want to underpower them.

Loudness is not your friend. Set your EQ before you set your amp. With that amp you have no choice but to underpower them, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Underpowering your subs will not hurt them, they just won't be as loud. Whatever you do, don't try to make them play louder than the power you have available.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I set the Loudness on Off and the Sub Level on +6 with the 50hz on +4 and my Level on my amp on 0.5V and bass boost on 2-3db.(Needed it to sound a little better)with my HPF on 50Hz on my Headunit. Sounds great when I open the trunk I hear no distortion at all. Subs barely move but it still makes good bass. :) thanks guys.

Edited by gotboom88

HPF should be at like 80hz, that's what I have mine too

What HU do you even have?

Are you setting your LPF to 50hz too?!

Most likely a prefab box tuned high, had one and it sucks

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

HPF should be at like 80hz, that's what I have mine too

What HU do you even have?

Are you setting your LPF to 50hz too?!

Most likely a prefab box tuned high, had one and it sucks

No I set my HPF on my Headunit to 50hz and on my amp I set the filter to LP which is 80hz. But ill change my HPF on my HU to 80hz to match it up??? is that correct? I have a Pioneer HU. Ill give u the model number later when I can.

Edited by gotboom88

HPF you want at 60hz the lowest, 50hz is still bass range

Your LP should be low like 20hz, as an example

The filter filter out any freq below that note you set it at...

LPF=Low Pass Filter

HPF=High Pass Filter

The amp should be set to HPF, not LPF...don't use the LPF on your HU, use the one on the amp

If you set the LPF at say 30hz anything below that won't be played, set it at 40hz and notes below 40hz won't play...same as HPF, anything below what you set it at won't play, you dont' want to play sub bass notes on your mids, either 60hz or 80hz for LPF on your HU works

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

LPF=Low Pass Filter

HPF=High Pass Filter

The amp should be set to HPF, not LPF...don't use the LPF on your HU, use the one on the amp

If you set the LPF at say 30hz anything below that won't be played, set it at 40hz and notes below 40hz won't play...same as HPF, anything below what you set it at won't play, you dont' want to play sub bass notes on your mids, either 60hz or 80hz for LPF on your HU works

I use LPF on my amp, And the HPF setting on my head unit if thats what your referring to. And if you look in the first page of this thread, their is a picture of my amp. It doesnt allow you to set the LPF frequency. The only option I have is 80hz LPF, Off, and HPF on my amp. And on the headunit I dont have the LPF setting I have a HPF setting. ??

LPF=Low Pass Filter

HPF=High Pass Filter

I think you accidentally mixed up some HPFs and LPFs there.

OP, what all do you have in your system? You haven't mentioned mids and highs yet and you keep talking about a HPF.

Use a LPF for subs and for mids/highs use a HPF.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think you accidentally mixed up some HPFs and LPFs there.

OP, what all do you have in your system? You haven't mentioned mids and highs yet and you keep talking about a HPF.

Use a LPF for subs and for mids/highs use a HPF.

Like I said, im kind of new to car audio so please be patient with me. As for mids and highs, I only have factory speakers for now so on my head unit I use HPF and for my subs I use LPF. My question was what should my HPF on my head unit. But I noticed when I turned on the HPF setting on my Headunit I lost a bit of bass from my Subs. Thats what my question was.

Like I said, im kind of new to car audio so please be patient with me. As for mids and highs, I only have factory speakers for now so on my head unit I use HPF and for my subs I use LPF. My question was what should my HPF on my head unit. But I noticed when I turned on the HPF setting on my Headunit I lost a bit of bass from my Subs. Thats what my question was.

Ok cool, you have it right then. your factory speakers are running off headunit power now? The only thing I can think of is you are getting some bass from your mids/highs and when you turn on the HPF you lose that bass. I'm not sure though.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ok cool, you have it right then. your factory speakers are running off headunit power now? The only thing I can think of is you are getting some bass from your mids/highs and when you turn on the HPF you lose that bass. I'm not sure though.

Exactly! and I dont want my headunit powering full range on my factory speakers. lol. Another thing is I always have to keep my back seats layed down so I can hear the bass throughout the car. Everytime I put back up the back seats my bass gets eaten and cant hear anything...??