Second Skin Audio

Impedence Rise?

Sorry guys, I'm a little slow :noob: If your speakers are at 1 ohm with impedence rise, does the ohm load move toward .5 or back toward 2? I once had a setup that was supposedly 1 ohm stable, but once I played it for about 30 mins, it would start to cut off. I'm guessing if was from the ohm loads were being thrown off.

honestly... some common sense here. how can you rise lower?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

honestly... some common sense here. how can you rise lower?

Ha, if you can't laugh are yourself, what then? :rofl: So if an amp can handle going under 1 ohm and rise makes it does that, your getting more power? I think I'm getting it :shrug: Please don't hit me....

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Ha, if you can't laugh are yourself, what then? :rofl: So if an amp can handle going under 1 ohm and rise makes it does that, your getting more power? I think I'm getting it :shrug: Please don't hit me....

Impedance rise, as in rise in RESISTANCE. LESS POWER...lol

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

English please. Go off of what your shit is actually rated. If the amp is one ohm stable make sure without any power or music on that the specs of your speakers don't go below the amps ohm load. The12volt.com has good speaker wiring diagrams to look at if you aren't sure. All rise is, is once you start playing music and the speaker and wires warm up or box flex impendance will actually change due to all of these factors. It just means that if your wired to 1 ohm on the amp and imp rises to 2.5ohm while playing even though off it sits at one ohm while playing it is only getting 2.5ohm power. Make sense?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Thanks a lot. You can see I've alway struggled with understanding that.

Yeah not a problem, I never knew exactly how impedance rise took place till I read one of the above posts. :pardon:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Impedance rise can be anything between 0 and a hell of a lot. Like 40 ohms.

Since it CAN be 0 unless you only ever play pure single frequency sine waves, it is best to assume it is 0 for a musical system.

People who say 'impedance rise will keep you safe', unless talking about pure burp setups, are morons. At least they keep amp repair companies in business.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!