Sonic Electronix

Currently I have 2 Infinity 1252W's powered by a Profile AP1200. I'm looking to upgrade to better subs and amp.I have a 2002 Camaro so the bigest I want to go is a pair of 12s. I was considering a pair of Audiobahn AW1206T's with a RF T20001BD but I wanted to see if there is some more "bang" for my buck out there. Looking to spend around $1000 for subs and amp. I know for sure I want a RF amp though. So what are ya'lls thoughts?

Edited by duct_tape123

well, if the refurbed amp doesnt cost to much then grab some of the RD Elite SPLS, or the Alphas.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

That is where I was planning on getting the amp from, HDA. Its $575+ shipping. I would rather stay away from those power hungry Fi's and there isnt enough room for a ported box. I'll post some pics of my current setup later. There is a pair of Audiobahn AW1206T on eBay for ~$200 shipped, so that would leave me some extra cash in hand.

Edited by duct_tape123

Here is a shot of my system. Note the DVD player!

dsc04746xi1.jpg

The absolute most airspace I have in the rear is ~3 cu.ft. The sensitivity of the AudioBahns is 96, and the sensitivity of those REs is 83, what affect will this have on how they sound?

Edited by duct_tape123

i haven't had too much experience with them.. but my times with audiobahn subs were not the best.. i would reccomend against them

x2 ON THAT.

Also, you might be better off trying to fit one 12 or 15" in a ported enclosure instead of 2 12's sealed. Just my opinion though. Good luck

BJJ20logo20resize.png

x2 ON THAT.

Also, you might be better off trying to fit one 12 or 15" in a ported enclosure instead of 2 12's sealed. Just my opinion though. Good luck

I tried one on my Infinity's in a ported box tuned to 30hz and it sounded like crap. Too much port noise, and it wouldn't go as low as both in the sealed box. I want LOW bone crushing bass. People can already hear me from about a mile away right now.