Sonic Electronix

I have a Alpine CDA 9853

cda9853R.jpg

I have a Hifonics Titan 1000w mono block amp pushing a Phoenix Gold Xenon 12

well when i have my amp turned all the way up and my in unit remote at 15(max) it cuts out when i turn my volume passed 18 my system completely cuts off, player and everything. it will shut off and cut back on...i tried changing my x-over lowrange to 0 0 200 from 0 0 80 and it cut out at 15, changed it to 0 0 20 and it still cuts out at about 18-20. anyone have any suggestions of what i might need to do?

mountaindewif8.png

xboxuserbo7.png

ive had that happen and you are deffinately clipping everything, keep gains and bass boost on amp down, if it isnt loud enough upgrade equipment or change the box.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

mine does the same thing when i crank it. but its not the amp for the subs that do it, when i turn off my highs (which are just ran off the headunit) then it wont shut off. so, maybe ur highs are pulling to much from the headunit...??

i likes me some audio stuff...

i have two hifonics bxi 1500ds and they were notorious for going into protect if set incorrectly ......... meaning the gains, bass boost and such. i have a audiocontrol 3.1 and my gains are set not even near 1/4 of the way up. try cutting the gains down and see what happens and like the others said ....... have a good thick power wire.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest MegaloManiac
and another thing, can you explain what you mean by clipping, i'm just getting more into systems again but i've never heard this phrase.

clipping is everything to do with the signal.

You want all your signals to be nice curvy sine wave, that shows "clean" power/signal. your amp, sub, and HU will thank you for that.

sinewaveqt4.gif

When you are clipping the sine wave is now a square wave, where there are flat peaks, this is what you call dirty signal/power. An amplifier will clip when its reach its limits, instead of getting nice musical response with clean power you will get sloppy and not musical response out of it. Clipping WILL cause your amp life to run out sooner.

rmsfig1tn7.jpg

so do yourself and your equipment a favor and if you feel its not loud enough buy new equipment that can handle it with out killing everything.

Edited by MegaloManiac