Second Skin Audio

Routing Port Edges

95_1500

I know for the hardcore bassracer routering the edge of the port, not the outside but the edges that are literally inside the box and yes as well as the outside edge, this might help gain what 1 db or so? But is it really necesary for the dialy driver? Such as turbulance. Would not routering all the edges the air comes in contact with really cause that much noise? Just curious before I go out and drop some dough on a router which i wanna do but would be really hard right now and im halfway thru a box.

Thanks

Brett

anybody else have 2 cents on this i was wondering the same thing my box has overlapped edges on the port area as well. is it really worth my time to router it all off and re-paint it?

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

i say if you already have the box done then the hell with it. u could just sand the edges down some to take the sharpness off of them. to the untrained ear, unlike a meter, i doubt there will be any noticeable difference. but it never hurts to smooth those edges some just in case some port noise wants to rear its ugly head.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived