advice on tweeter mounting idea.

Alright guys i have been kind of wanting to do some small fiber glassing projects because i have never done it before and want to give it a shot. I am going to make some fiber glass sail panels for my front tweeters and would like to make use of the flush mount tweeter thing in my comp set. I figure i can lay down the tape and foil like usual and then attach the tweeter mount and fiber glass around it. Then i would drill a hole in the molded fiber glass to attach it to my door panel. I plan to mount the tweeter towards the left of the handle and up a little bit. Anything i could be doing wrong or should i rethink that mounting spot? any advice would be sweet.

dsc02949q.jpg

By unfairtebo at 2010-09-16

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

its sounds good man. I would scuff up the flush mount tweeter pod before you lay glass on it so it adheres well. take pics

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

it sounds good man????? seriously??? first it looks more like a pic of the back door so i might be a bit confused, then sail panel vs the "on the door " is 2 different spots ... sail panel is the triangle shape area that usually covers the nuts for the side mirrors.

sail panel would allow you to position your tweeters a bit more on axis than in a door without looking like a hoopty

optimal results would be to look at the A-pillar as far forward as possible, positioned with the axis towards the middle of the vehicle between both front seats, or close to it... you won't know the exact angle until you physically take your tweeter and place it there, hook it up, and play some music making some fine adjustments as you go along... I am no walking encyclopedia of how every tweeter sounds, so YOU will need to tune it... then proceed playing with the fiberglass.

A-pillar bottom fwd position also gives you some good width... just be careful that the whole thing is not sounding like you are wayyyyy left of the stage

sounds good.... seriously, that is some crazy advice...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

sorry about the confusion about the sail panels. I am putting a another component set in my rear doors, so the tweeter will be mounted with the flush mount idea. In the front im going to make fiber glass sail panels for the tweeters, unless now that you mention it i could apply the same idea from the back doors to the a pillar. Hmm ive got some thinking to do. thanks guys

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

you put that tweeter high in the back door and you will here it ungodly loud as most people are reclined that far... plus it willbe closer to your left ear than an a pillar mount on drivers side.

i dont have the component set for the rear YET, but today i am going to start on the drivers side sail panel. Im off to gather supplies my camera will be at the ready!

it sounds good man????? seriously??? first it looks more like a pic of the back door so i might be a bit confused, then sail panel vs the "on the door " is 2 different spots ... sail panel is the triangle shape area that usually covers the nuts for the side mirrors.

sail panel would allow you to position your tweeters a bit more on axis than in a door without looking like a hoopty

optimal results would be to look at the A-pillar as far forward as possible, positioned with the axis towards the middle of the vehicle between both front seats, or close to it... you won't know the exact angle until you physically take your tweeter and place it there, hook it up, and play some music making some fine adjustments as you go along... I am no walking encyclopedia of how every tweeter sounds, so YOU will need to tune it... then proceed playing with the fiberglass.

A-pillar bottom fwd position also gives you some good width... just be careful that the whole thing is not sounding like you are wayyyyy left of the stage

sounds good.... seriously, that is some crazy advice...

dont bust balls man....I was referring to his fiberglass ideas. I couldnt give a shit where he wanted to put the tweets. since this is the FIBERGLASS section and he was describing his idea of how he was going to do it out of fiberglass. no reason to come at me some kind of way. while your referring to his equipment placement/performance, Im referring to the process of how he plans on doing it...or to what he sounded like he was more concerned about. its a misunderstanding

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

all guys keep is civil. Im starting a build log of my sail panels as soon my pictures get uploaded so please dont post here anymore and look for my new thread

dont bust balls man....I was referring to his fiberglass ideas. I couldnt give a shit where he wanted to put the tweets. since this is the FIBERGLASS section and he was describing his idea of how he was going to do it out of fiberglass. no reason to come at me some kind of way. while your referring to his equipment placement/performance, Im referring to the process of how he plans on doing it...or to what he sounded like he was more concerned about. its a misunderstanding

chalked up to a misunderstanding.