Horrible voltage drop...

Alrighty then! i just got my truck on the road and want to start upgrating the battery and everything else. when i put just my turn signal on my votlag drops about 2 volts... Its pretty said... well my first question is to go with a kinetik 1800? or an XS D1200? Right now i just have a stock altinator but i found this online or i can send mine out to someone i know to get it juice up a bit. This is the one i found http://stores.channeladvisor.com/db-starter-alternator/items/item.aspx?itemid=1563440

But i really need to upgrate when i need to run 2400 watts, Tons of lights, Heat, and and electrick plow...

So please i really need peoples sugestions and opions on these ideas.

Thanks, Ryan

untitled-1.jpg

Holy fucking interests batman! I would stay away from db electric... PEAK output of 110 amps... HA. expect 110 at idle after putting it in the freezer for 20 mins.

Well i didn't expect that altinator to be great but its better then my stock 75 amp.... What could you get me for generally around $200 that would fit a 5.0 302 ford motor?

untitled-1.jpg

cant go wrong with DC Power when talking alternators :good: , one day i'll have the money lol

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

They call them DC custom for a reason... dude talk to DC and ask them the price to build one for your truck it will cost the same amount as if you bought a prebuilt from them

Team Bassick

HU: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Front: Pioneer TS-A1683R

Rear: Pioneer TS-T110

Amp: Kicker KX600.4

Subs: PSI 18" Platform 1

Amp: Audiopipe 1500D

Electrical: Big III, Stinger SPV-40, Stock ALT

SCORE: N/A

DC dosn't even have an alternator for my truck..

if your just going off the website then they dont have one for my car either... but i have a dc alt in my car lol. call them and ask. dc makes the strongest alts. mechman is the only other company i would trust.

and db electric... we have seen guys come here with alt problems from them. some of the alts do less power at idle than your stock alt and actually underpower the car. even without a system.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Alrighty then! i just got my truck on the road and want to start upgrating the battery and everything else. when i put just my turn signal on my votlag drops about 2 volts... Its pretty said... well my first question is to go with a kinetik 1800? or an XS D1200? Right now i just have a stock altinator but i found this online or i can send mine out to someone i know to get it juice up a bit. This is the one i found http://stores.channeladvisor.com/db-starter-alternator/items/item.aspx?itemid=1563440

But i really need to upgrate when i need to run 2400 watts, Tons of lights, Heat, and and electrick plow...

So please i really need peoples sugestions and opions on these ideas.

Thanks, Ryan

We have a 220 amp unit for your truck for $299 shipped. It is 100% brand new, made in the USA, and features our overdrive pulley, solid copper rectifier, and oversize charge terminal STANDARD. It will definitely be higher quality than what you get from DB, and I have it IN STOCK for plow season. You will need to upgrade to zero gauge positive AND ground cables from the alternator to the battery.

If you REALLY want to supercharge your plow action, I would go with one of our 14 volt batteries and 14 volt alternator. This will keep your voltage between above 15.0 volts, even when moving the plow. It will give you much brighter lights, and much faster plow action. The 14 volt batteries are $249, and the 14 volt module for the alternator is $75.

We have a 220 amp unit for your truck for $299 shipped. It is 100% brand new, made in the USA, and features our overdrive pulley, solid copper rectifier, and oversize charge terminal STANDARD. It will definitely be higher quality than what you get from DB, and I have it IN STOCK for plow season. You will need to upgrade to zero gauge positive AND ground cables from the alternator to the battery.

If you REALLY want to supercharge your plow action, I would go with one of our 14 volt batteries and 14 volt alternator. This will keep your voltage between above 15.0 volts, even when moving the plow. It will give you much brighter lights, and much faster plow action. The 14 volt batteries are $249, and the 14 volt module for the alternator is $75.

Now does that altenator just bolt and plug right in?

untitled-1.jpg