Sonic Electronix

Capacitors, should I get one?

Not really, There good for the initial start of the car then after that its just something to pass through.

:orly3:

because im pretty sure, capacitors stabilize any peaks or ripples in voltage.

but like chris said, are only effective if you have very very minimal or no voltage drop at all.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

He's got a 1200watt amp??? WHY DOES HE NEED ANOTHER BATTERY? Really...

To the OP, what's your voltage at full tilt? At the amp? Have you done the Big 3?

dude... stop being the electrical nazi. my car needed a second battery pretty bad when i had 1000w on the subs. i know other guys that had the same experience. some people dont need it, some do. there is no definite answer except that we all love overkill lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

First of all, I'm not being a Nazi...

I'm tired of people on this site giving advice that is just wrong. No one here should be giving any advice on adding another battery or whatnot, until they know exactly what the fuck the OP's resting voltage, full tilt voltage is... For all the people on here giving advice without knowing this, or what the OP's goal is, well, thats just fucking stupid and wrong... The OP stated he had a 140amp alt, we need more info to be able to give a real EDUCATED answer...

To the OP, what's your goal? Your voltage, what is it when your system is turned on and at the volume you listen to it at, with the car running. Have you done the big 3?

my goal is to get 1200 Watts to the amp. I haven't installed it yet. Im waiting on the subs, will post when I have it set up

thanks!

PS whats big 3?

mJzD9.png

Big 3 = 1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis.

EDIT!: And by doing the big three he meant, have you upgraded those three connections to a thicker wire gauge.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Big 3 = 1) alternator positive to battery positive, 2) battery negative to chassis, and 3) engine ground to chassis.

EDIT!: And by doing the big three he meant, have you upgraded those three connections to a thicker wire gauge.

its all stock stuff

mJzD9.png

Archived