Alpine 9887

Which is a legit website to buy a BNIB Alpine 9887, not refurbished.

OCS: Alpine CDA-9887 In-Dash Receivers with Bluetooth - Video/Multimedia at Onlinecarstereo.com

-says brand new sealed in factory box

-seems as though reviews of this site goes both ways.

PowersellerNYC: PowersellerNYC - Alpine CDA-9887 CDA-9887 CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver

-says refurbished and for the same money OCS is advertising its making me think OCS's may be refurbished as well.

-not sure on the sites credibility

DCCA: Alpine CDA-9887 CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver - iPhone Compatible

-says BNIB factory sealed

-reviews on this site go both ways as well

ASW: Alpine CDA-9887 CD, MP3, WMA PLAYER

-doesn't say BNIB, used, refurbished etc...

I have e-mailed Onlinecarstereo and dealercostcaraudio a few minutes ago to see if it was in fact BNIB factory sealed and not refurbished, so I'll see what happens with that in the next few days.

Which sites mentioned above have you guys shopped with or which do you know to be reliable? What would you do?

I know people will call my crazy but i honestly prefer to buy my H/U's from a stereo shop in the event something happens i am close and can have it switched out in no time. Just one of those things i guess and plus its nice to help some of these stores out that actually do have good people running them.

EDIT: Check your local audio shops and see what they can do for you and see if they'll match online prices.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I know people will call my crazy but i honestly prefer to buy my H/U's from a stereo shop in the event something happens i am close and can have it switched out in no time. Just one of those things i guess and plus its nice to help some of these stores out that actually do have good people running them.

EDIT: Check your local audio shops and see what they can do for you and see if they'll match online prices.

one step ahead of you, talked to the local shop and since the 9887 is discontinued they no longer have any in stock, was recomended the CDA117 ( since it "replaced" the 9887 ), but I dont think the 117 is up to par with the 9887. So these are the only places i could find these units supposedly BNIB.

There is also one BNIB on ebay in austrailia that would be 430$ shipped, kinda steep price though, I'm also kinda iffy about the austrailian thing too. It's eliteelectronics on ebay, has anybody used them before?

Edited by dsmith07

I had a very bad experience with dealercostcaraudio. I don't recommend them at all.

Im gald u said that cuz they do fucking suck took my homies money and wont ship due to back ordering on a lci 6 or something audio control and they wouldnt ship his amd and door speaker because of this..... well this all happened about 1 year ago lil longer.... still havent gottin anything and they wont refund the money

FUCK THEM

Sorry touchy subject

But i would go with online or woofers etc they both pretty good

Also a very nice hu.... i got mine on craigslist for 170... u should look ther it was damn nere brand new no scratches or anything... save me a lot of money

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

i got mine off of amazon. I check the big dog sites i rely on first and then off to amazon and google shopping. paid 268 for mine

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i got mine off of amazon. I check the big dog sites i rely on first and then off to amazon and google shopping. paid 268 for mine

i've checked almost everywhere i know to look, just like the Pioneer 880,800prs's, i think the BNIB 9887's are running dry or non existant.

Edited by dsmith07

glad i got mine when i did then. it was almost a year ago that i bought it though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.