Sundown Audio

Why is it cutting off?

TorK102

I have a dc level 4 with level 5 soft parts. Its wired down to 1 ohm (1.38 to be specific.) I have it powered by a 5500 watt bamf series power acoustik amp. For some odd reason it keeps cutting out on me at higher levels. I'm not sure why. I have a 950 amp kinetic battery plus my stock battery. My connections and my grounds are perfectly fine. Any ideas?

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

Voltage drop, just cause you added another battery doesn't mean it can maintain voltage at full power unless you have an HO alt. You'll need to get a volt meter and test it while playing and see how far your voltage is dropping.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Voltage drop, just cause you added another battery doesn't mean it can maintain voltage at full power unless you have an HO alt. You'll need to get a volt meter and test it while playing and see how far your voltage is dropping.

I still drop to 12.8 on burps with 2 batts and dc 260a alt. Just get a few more beefy batteries and it should stabzlize.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

either this or the speaker wire to the sub is too small of gauge for the higher power levels, I've had this problem before

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

That all makes sense, but it still did it at 4 ohms. Is it weird for that to happen? My buddy is running the same kind of set-up but with two dcs and a smaller battery, he hasn't had a problem. And my speaker wire is 8 gauge. I'll definitely test my voltage drop to see.

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

BAMF could be going, they aren't exactly expensive amplifiers. I would try another amp in your vehicle @ 1 OHM.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200