Sonic Electronix

idle, but its 300 f'ing rms! stock 102 amp, big three in 1/0. and even driving it'll drop because i notice the lights dim almost as much as they do idle, don't know how much thought cause i don't have a voltmeter, only checked it idle with the dmm.

i'm gonna add batt in the back later and hopefully that'll help

:lol: what do you drive with that little power, a bicycle?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

look see, we got the same car and his lights dimmed like crazy on the jl/500. i'm pretty sure our lights dim the same, i know my headlights go down to like half output when the bass hits.

i have an 07 impala, but i have no idea the difference between our stock alt's amps...

i have an 07 impala, but i have no idea the difference between our stock alt's amps...

oh your's is newer, i think those come with a slightly bigger alt. ok just looked it up. a quick search showed me a stock 125 amp alt for you...

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

oh ok cool.

i checked out your system in your sig BTW

Your shit hits niceeee

Thanks man, well right now it's not the Kicker anymore, it's a US Amps MD-42 which I set to give me 150 rms to each sub. And I like how it sounds, it gets loud to me.

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

:lol: what do you drive with that little power, a bicycle?

i ride your mom bish

I loled at these

Thanks man, well right now it's not the Kicker anymore, it's a US Amps MD-42 which I set to give me 150 rms to each sub. And I like how it sounds, it gets loud to me.

Thanks to my box design ;) .

OP

I say you tell us your budget :good:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I loled at these

Thanks to my box design ;) .

OP

I say you tell us your budget :good:

ehh i really dont have a set budget, but i do know im probably looking for another amp maybe, around 200ish for atleast solid 500watts. looking at the audioque1200d its $250 and i get a lil bit of headroom to play with on that amp.

but would you mind doing me a box design? could i port through where my 6x9's used to be?(taking them out)

Edit: i just searched and im seeing i can get a Audiopipe 1500d for around 150ish on ebay, and 120ish on amazon....

Edited by Rockbrook

ehh i really dont have a set budget, but i do know im probably looking for another amp maybe, around 200ish for atleast solid 500watts. looking at the audioque1200d its $250 and i get a lil bit of headroom to play with on that amp.

but would you mind doing me a box design? could i port through where my 6x9's used to be?(taking them out)

Edit: i just searched and im seeing i can get a Audiopipe 1500d for around 150ish on ebay, and 120ish on amazon....

from what people say, the audiopipe amps DO rated power (meaning they output the power they say they do).

you can port through the 6x9 holes. dont your seats fold down?

oh yeah and my *current* 4 channel used to power an alpine type r and i wouldnt even get voltage drop/dim on idle...my alt is/was 70 amps. i still fail to see how you got that "horrendous" amount of voltage drop from a 300rms amplifier. you must have done something wrong. either used smaller than recommended wire, connections werent tight and clean, etc.

Edited by Kranny

from what people say, the audiopipe amps DO rated power (meaning they output the power they say they do).

you can port through the 6x9 holes. dont your seats fold down?

oh yeah and my *current* 4 channel used to power an alpine type r and i wouldnt even get voltage drop/dim on idle...my alt is/was 70 amps. i still fail to see how you got that "horrendous" amount of voltage drop from a 300rms amplifier. you must have done something wrong. either used smaller than recommended wire, connections werent tight and clean, etc.

I don't know Kranny, I keep thinking it's the grounds. But it's at one of the three strut bolt in the front with the big 3, and it's also at one of the strut bolts at the rear with the amp ground. Like I said, hopefully once I add a big batt in the back, it'll be shorter better wire to the amp. Right know it's just some generic 4 gauge, but later on I'll get the OFC Knu 4ga

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png