Sonic Electronix

ok so right now i have 2 10" P1s in a sealed box and i want to add a single 12" ported P1 to get a little bit lower because the sealed 10s hit REALLY good but not the real lows ... what would be a good amp to run them and would a ported 12 hit good lows ??

lol.

Edit: To make this a useful post: Get the 10s out of the what I'm assuming is a prefab. If you have that kind of room, build a ported box for the 10s.

Edited by Destram

ok so right now i have 2 10" P1s in a sealed box and i want to add a single 12" ported P1 to get a little bit lower because the sealed 10s hit REALLY good but not the real lows ... what would be a good amp to run them and would a ported 12 hit good lows ??

if your the kinda guy that likes to mess around with all kinds of crazy stuff, then maybe the jl audio amps with RIPS technology would be for you. they deleiver the same amount of power at all impedance in their operable range.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

if your the kinda guy that likes to mess around with all kinds of crazy stuff, then maybe the jl audio amps with RIPS technology would be for you. they deleiver the same amount of power at all impedance in their operable range.

unless you already have the 12 you should just try making a nice ported box tuned lower to get those lows.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i built the box and i did not want a ported box because i had both a ported and sealed on them and i liked the sealed ... i made the box myself... i have the 10s and 6x9 all in one in the back seat does not have room to make a ported box for the 10s they recommend 1.5 CU/f ported .58 sealed ... my trunk has 2 levels that i made when i took the spare out and i would have room for a 12 in the bottom of trunk where batteries are that is why i want to put a 12 there because no room for the 2 10s in a ported box. and sealed box means not the best for lows so a 12 would compensate

Note: I do not buy prefabbed shit when i can spend half that to make one thats better :-)

Edited by michigancapri92

i built the box and i did not want a ported box because i had both a ported and sealed on them and i liked the sealed ... i made the box myself... i have the 10s and 6x9 all in one in the back seat does not have room to make a ported box for the 10s they recommend 1.5 CU/f ported .58 sealed ... my trunk has 2 levels that i made when i took the spare out and i would have room for a 12 in the bottom of trunk where batteries are that is why i want to put a 12 there because no room for the 2 10s in a ported box. and sealed box means not the best for lows so a 12 would compensate

Note: I do not buy prefabbed shit when i can spend half that to make one thats better :-)

Maybe add a third 10 and port them all, unless you really know what your doing I dont know if it would sound right to have 3 subs off the same power and have one ported and 2 sealed.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Maybe add a third 10 and port them all, unless you really know what your doing I dont know if it would sound right to have 3 subs off the same power and have one ported and 2 sealed.

well i could do that but my car is a 1992 mercury Capri .. look it up ... TINY TINY TINY and i would port the 10s but i am tight on space with 2 .58 Cu/Ft chambers and RF recommends 1.5 Cu/Ft ported so i don't have the room for that. what would be a good way to get some lows ???

could i possibly run a 4channel amp the sealed of 2 channels and the one ported off 2 channels ?? so they could both have there own X-over and gain control ?

Edited by michigancapri92

well i could do that but my car is a 1992 mercury Capri .. look it up ... TINY TINY TINY and i would port the 10s but i am tight on space with 2 .58 Cu/Ft chambers and RF recommends 1.5 Cu/Ft ported so i don't have the room for that. what would be a good way to get some lows ???

could i possibly run a 4channel amp the sealed of 2 channels and the one ported off 2 channels ?? so they could both have there own X-over and gain control ?

Possible i guess, I wouldnt do it, most people like to stick with the same sub size unless you have 8's or 10's just for midbass. I dont know man, its your call on what you wanna do, If it were me I would get as creative as I could to fit 3 10's ported

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

guess for now im going to stick with the 2 10s maybe when i get more money i can do a full build and make the 10s for midbass and get 2 12s later on idk