DC Sound Lab

Having box problems

Ive tried 3 different boxes (sealed, pre fab slot, and a sealed that i put pvc ports in) i had a guy build me a 1.5 sealed box and it sounded goofy so i tried putting 2 pvc ports in they were 3 inch diameter and about 14 inches long but port noise was insane. So i went to a sub shop and they sold me a slot ported box but it sounded worse than my goofy pvc one.

So im wondering if the box needs to be 1.5 like dc says cause when i use the psp-inc calculator it says the port tubes need to be insanely long unless i make the box size bigger.

Im going to have one more box built and was wondering what size it should be and how many aero ports i should put in it and what size they should be.

If my next attempt dont work im gonna have to sell the sub and get some pre built box and subs from best buy or somethin, I really dont wana but i want some clearer base.

Ive tried 3 different boxes (sealed, pre fab slot, and a sealed that i put pvc ports in) i had a guy build me a 1.5 sealed box and it sounded goofy so i tried putting 2 pvc ports in they were 3 inch diameter and about 14 inches long but port noise was insane. So i went to a sub shop and they sold me a slot ported box but it sounded worse than my goofy pvc one.

So im wondering if the box needs to be 1.5 like dc says cause when i use the psp-inc calculator it says the port tubes need to be insanely long unless i make the box size bigger.

Im going to have one more box built and was wondering what size it should be and how many aero ports i should put in it and what size they should be.

If my next attempt dont work im gonna have to sell the sub and get some pre built box and subs from best buy or somethin, I really dont wana but i want some clearer base.

What DC sub are you talking about

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

cant give up on a good sub cuz you cant build a box

do a box thats 2 cubes with a 6 inch aero port, or a 30 to 40 sq inch slot port

never just stick pvc in a sealed box to try and call it ported

maybe could some one give me specs on a really good box for this sub and i could bring those specs to a sub shop and be done?

what are you trying to tune it to? length and size of port depend on it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I can show you mine but the goofy port length for two 3" aeros are real. Two 18" aeros in mine for 1.8^ft in a 16.5" deep box isn't fun. Here what mess I had to over come on mine.

5fbf2675.jpg

And don't blame the damn sub on your user error. The XL is fucking beauty & the beast. It doesn't sound good because of a shitty box and no matter what POS sub you get it will never be worth a damn until you have it in the right box. I can give you my exact box specs but you can see the baffle isn't the funnest part of my box being 4 layers thick to give my aeros as close to 3"s of airspace behind the port.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff