Forevrbumpn Posted September 22, 2010 Report Posted September 22, 2010 Berto asked me if I could recone some MTX8000s and I said I'am sure I can. He hopped on the freeway, about 5 - 6hrs later comes to the door ( I was sleeping) Dropped off the subs, all were dead, single 4ohms. I cut one open, and took measurements, bamm! All parts accounted for right here in stock to do some custom improved MTX8000s Going with copper 4 layer dual 4ohm, slightly longer winding width, 1 stiffer than factory, wider spider, with woven leads. Cone is a common style pulp paper, foam surround These should pound when done! I wish the motors were deeper, I have another coil I would to have loved to throw in these, just a little to long Anyways, heres the pics so far Motor gap was just right for these coils about 0.015" outside windings of the coil jumped up to aluminum former, not the kapton from factory, so more power handling just from that alone, along with more surface area on the coil to also dissipate heat drop in kits ready to go, just need to clean the other frames, and glue down, and ready to go Also trying to save the MTX domes, just to show they are still MTX, just improved I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Reaper Posted September 22, 2010 Report Posted September 22, 2010 looking good. personally i dislike the mtx dust caps but not my sub they'll pound now that they got the "bumpn" touch.
Forevrbumpn Posted September 22, 2010 Author Report Posted September 22, 2010 haha... night and day difference in quality of parts, thats for sure only benefit of the older model, is lighter moving mass. This has more moving mass, but will have more motor force, so that will help move the cone good Also, just in case, anyone has any of these woofers, I can sell parts to do these kits, or recone them for $60 parts or $80 recone kit built up I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
jeyrapboy Posted September 22, 2010 Report Posted September 22, 2010 Nice... I have never reconed before but looking to recone my MTX jackhammer 12s. Bout to say fuck it and buy a AQ sdc2.5 15 Nice job mane!
Berto Posted September 22, 2010 Report Posted September 22, 2010 looking good. personally i dislike the mtx dust caps but not my sub they'll pound now that they got the "bumpn" touch. I agree about the dustcaps, but me and bumpn were talking about it and it might make it a little easier when it comes time to sell them. And parts looked great and I look forward to get to play with these subs. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
Forevrbumpn Posted September 23, 2010 Author Report Posted September 23, 2010 So, um yeah, maybe just some regular domes, the MTX domes dont match the angle of the new cones I have other domes though no worries I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
MADVIBES Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 dome em...aluminium!!!!!!!!! DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY. 156.9@26hz 158.0@30hz
Berto Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 That's not a problem bro. Have you got to put any together? TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
Forevrbumpn Posted September 23, 2010 Author Report Posted September 23, 2010 nah, I need epoxy bad. I have a special shop I buy special epoxy from here in Sac. Expensive, but the best stuff I will be running out there in the morning tomorrow before I clock in to work I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Berto Posted September 23, 2010 Report Posted September 23, 2010 Oh alright then. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.