Sonic Electronix

Dc Lvl 5 15 or 3 type r 12s at 3400watts

i have 3 new Type r 12s i havent even set them up yet and have a chance to trade them for a dc level 5 15 i was wonder which would be louder running off my soundstream Dtr 3400.1 at .05 3400 watts just gunna be for daily music no crazy spl i have room for about a 3.75 cubes of space and will be ported either way i go thanks guys!!!

The Rs "might" be louder but I don't think they would even start to like that power daily and I'm hoping you have some really good electrical to power the amp? But I would definately do the lvl 5

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

i have 3 new Type r 12s i havent even set them up yet and have a chance to trade them for a dc level 5 15 i was wonder which would be louder running off my soundstream Dtr 3400.1 at .05 3400 watts just gunna be for daily music no crazy spl i have room for about a 3.75 cubes of space and will be ported either way i go thanks guys!!!

3.75 is spot on for the Level 5 15 after displacements, but if you only have 3.75 then the Level 5 isn't for you. The 12 Type R's can be given .7 to 1.0 for sealed, and 1.7 each vented.

EDIT: Well I didn't really take into consideration all of the displacements for the level 5, but then again I hear smaller boxes handle better? I dunno

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

As long as the gains are set correctly and the enclosure is built to the power, I've overpowered type rs many times without issue. And even though you're not going to see .5 ohm, why would you even want to wire that low for a daily setup?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

As long as the gains are set correctly and the enclosure is built to the power, I've overpowered type rs many times without issue. And even though you're not going to see .5 ohm, why would you even want to wire that low for a daily setup?

x2 I've seen Rs take power before but your electrical better be awesome to handle .5 ohm (even theoretically)

type r's.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I've had my Type R's on a little over 2K Daily, Handled it like a champ, just make sure to set your gains correctly and have proper electrical. This is just what i've heard, the DTR 3400.1's are power HUNGRY and will do that much power 14.4V and over. If i were you, I would either go with the DC At A more reasonable ohm load for daily, or Wire the type r's for a higher daily impedance. Dont get me wrong you can have .5 ohm load if you want, its just gonna rape your electrical pretty bad if its not bulky

Archived