Reallunacy Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 I honestly don't know, but my guess would be, in regards to the 1/3 or 1/6 question, to look at only one half of the design and do all the calculations that way and then mirror it for the other side. I'm quite interested how this turns out because I like the unique builds as well.
STEvil Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 FCA-4000D's been tested to over 8KW RMS. Just need ~18v and a crapload of batteries. Boon - put different fets in. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Tek Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 Just need ~18v and a crapload of batteries. how do you plan on running 18V?
lunchbox.inc Posted September 25, 2010 Author Report Posted September 25, 2010 I honestly don't know, but my guess would be, in regards to the 1/3 or 1/6 question, to look at only one half of the design and do all the calculations that way and then mirror it for the other side. I'm quite interested how this turns out because I like the unique builds as well. thanks man, i've been thinking along the same lines, perhaps having the main chambers port split in half so as to help the calculations... preobably be a good way of going about it... how do you plan on running 18V? me? or STEvil? me personally will be on a 12v/15v charging system... hence the clamp results above... each board will be 1ohm daily, and .25 for burps...
justinadams Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 holy fucking shit. if this fuckin works i think i'm gonna be more worried about your car gettin broken than your woofer's shreading. gl though. looks good. and dam them is some big ass amps. 2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4 hifonics brutus bxi 2610D 1/0 power wire 4 gauge speaker wire ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids C&D technologies battery (100 ah) custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood) 2010 kia forte koup
Boon Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 FCA-4000D's been tested to over 8KW RMS. Just need ~18v and a crapload of batteries. Boon - put different fets in. Come on man, I'm from New Zealand, home of Fusion, I've fondled more FCA-4000Ds than you'll probably ever lay eyes on. I've even got down and dirty with the insides of them. The power supply section has crazy strong FETs (same as Stetsom 10kd, and like twice as many) but the output section sucks the balls. The power supply section is seriously let down by the tiny little transformers they specced it with. At 0.5 ohms daily they blow the fuck up because they're essentially 2 amps permanently strapped internally, which can't take 0.25 ohms each. I've seen them burped on 0.25 ohms nominal which is quite an achievement since the 'amps' inside are seeing 0.125 ohms each and they still didn't make that much power. My friend ran 2 in his SS1-2NW car on 16v nominal (19v charging) and still didn't see huge power out of them. Maybe 6kwrms/amp? Oh, and 18+v charging will eventually kill the remote turn-on circuit, when I spoke to Fusion they recommended limiting the remote voltage if possible. Dude clamping them has either scored one of the mysterious ones that Brian from Fusion modified (look for bits of 4 gauge running all over the place inside) or he's not using a true RMS meter somewhere in there. Because those amps don't make that kind of power. Head to head versus a AB VFL400.1 the VFL took a crap on them. 10.x volts fo' life!
Boon Posted September 25, 2010 Report Posted September 25, 2010 output 73.6v 81a which works out to be: 5925w @ 0.91ohm reactive and 15v 5925/1.414 (correction for not being RMS) = 4190wrms which is bang on what I've seen them do. I reckon something your clampy friend was using wasn't a True RMS meter, as I mentioned before. 10.x volts fo' life!
STEvil Posted September 26, 2010 Report Posted September 26, 2010 quite possible they were using a modified amp.... http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/20/11159.html edit - linked content uses a TRUE RMS meter ; ) I still say change the fets.. the output side ones. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
lunchbox.inc Posted September 26, 2010 Author Report Posted September 26, 2010 hey guys, 90% sure he was using a true RMS meter, but i COULD be wrong, remember these AREN'T fusion fca4000Ds... these were made slightly more recently, as well as being made elsewhere, here's the guts pic of the amp tested... either way, its got some balls,and 2 of them for now will do, as i've said above, i'll be moving up to a few Cadence ZRS-C7s... specifically 4x of them at .5ohm each, but thats still not confirmed as of yet... we'll see what happens... i'm currently running one of them in my wagon daily at .5ohm, and regularly pushed VERY hard, and it doesn't seem to struggle in the slightest...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.