Cashdollar2009 Posted September 24, 2010 Report Posted September 24, 2010 I have recently install a Hifonics Hfi100.4 as well as a set of Fosgate T1 5.25 components in my doors and sail panels, and dropped in Fosgate T1 3-way 6x9's in the rear deck. If need be I will get pictures to explain the wiring. Amplifier mounted to back of back seat, with seat down at all times. (trunked car, sealed off from trunk) Basically the rear channels come out of the amp, and run down the back of the seat, up the corner behind the trim, and up under the rear deck into those speakers. Now the front channels run same as rears except they tuck under the top pillar/corner panel off the back window and run above the window line/roof panel to the front corner, then go down alongside dash into the crossovers in the kickpanels. From the the wiring is ran through the stock door grommet and into the 5.25 mid in the door, and up into the tweeter. (Obviously seperate wires from the crossover...) Here's a picture of the door panel off, not sure how much it helps but... Had to make a mdf door pod on the spot and cut up my sails for this: Problems: - Crazy ass engine whine - Hear turn signals, switches, and light changes through speaker "pops" - Makes nasty ass loud static shit noises when I open and close my doors - Frustrates the Hell out of me as I can't figure this shit out. - BEST ONE: When I put arm pressure on my center console and move it too the right, the whine/pop/static gets louder than my music, I mean volume 30 loud. But pushed to the left limits it back to ordinary annoying frustrating whine and pop. Please send me suggestions... I have turned the gain on my mids amp back down to "0" again because I'm paranoid that this crap is going to ruin my speakers... and still get this whine shit. All help appreciated... On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
raytard Posted September 24, 2010 Report Posted September 24, 2010 sounds like a signal issue where is the signal coming from?equipment/interconnects/routing? Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Cashdollar2009 Posted September 24, 2010 Author Report Posted September 24, 2010 sounds like a signal issue where is the signal coming from?equipment/interconnects/routing? Fosgate RCA's from Head Unit to Crescendo. Knukonceptz 4-Channel RCA's from Head Unit to Hifonics. Both routed along floor between seat and side trim, under carpet. The ONLY wire-touching occurring is the 4-channel RCA's are making contact with the Crescendo ground wire when I hide everything. Obviously all the wiring is in the jacket so I am unsure as to how much of an effect that 1 foot section touching makes. On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
notorious97200 Posted September 24, 2010 Report Posted September 24, 2010 Try another head unit, or run an mp3 player directly through your amp to see where is coming the noise. I had the same problem, but it was a blown pico fuse in my Pioneer h u. I fixed it, and no noise again. first , I put all my rca's behind the h u to a good ground, and most of the noise went away, but it wasn't clean enough. I took care of the internal fuse and it was all good. good luck black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Cashdollar2009 Posted September 26, 2010 Author Report Posted September 26, 2010 Wow. I Ran a ground wire from one of the channels of my rca's to a bracket behind the head unit. Only noise is a very faint hiss if you put your ear to the tweeter with the car running... I wasn't expecting this as I have NEVER in my life experienced or heard engine whine this horrible before.... Problem solved well enough for me. Thank you for your suggestions notorious. I really appreciate it. On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
notorious97200 Posted September 27, 2010 Report Posted September 27, 2010 Glad I could help you. I did not know Kenwood h u had that problem too. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
xstingstreetx87 Posted September 27, 2010 Report Posted September 27, 2010 I had this same problem with a Pioneer head unit, I was re grounding everything until I tried the RCA jack itself. lol DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.
BeAlLsTaR13 Posted September 27, 2010 Report Posted September 27, 2010 My old kenwood needed their rca outs grounded, PITA Team Sundown Audio**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here **OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Herecheck them out, slap me a comment2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.-------------------------------------------------------------------Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft partsAmplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500DEnclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hzFront Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" ComponentsRear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-RangeFront Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4DWires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAsElectrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13-------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.