Second Skin Audio

age old 2 ohm to 1 ohm question...

I've asked this question to myself 340302320 times. twice on the forums, and googled 300 times.

Now.

I have 2x L7 12s @ 2ohm.

If i were to wire them each seperately(AS EVERY SITE SHOWS) i will recieve a 1 ohm load.

What is the negatives of running a 2ohm sub at 1 ohm to a 1 ohm stable amplifier.

Website one

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=1&woofer_imp=3#

Website two

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22#results

now they will be in the same box but instead of both subs going out to one + and -. The mono block has 2 sets of + and - wires in the one channel available and spreads out from there.

ALSO,

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26361_Hifonics+TXi+1508D+R-B.html?utm_source=dailydeal&utm_medium=sonic&utm_campaign=dailydeal

Any Negatives? Is this 1500rms Certified or should i expect 1200 or so at 1 ohm.

Please clear my mind ^_^

In addition, I have a 100amp Alternator. Pretty fucking weak when i turn the bass up as of right now and I'm pumping like 600RMS in total through a 4 gauge wire. As of now my current AMP isn't 1 ohm stable (Audiobahn 8000t) and puts out 400RMS at 2 ohm so i assume like 600 at 1 ohm though not stable (probably wrong).

Could power be draining because it cannot harness the power correctly?

Please respond with Productive answers so i can clear my mind of confusion ^_^

▲ 

▲ ▲ Cheers ^_^

you have 2 subs, correct? they are D2s? Both sites you linked only show one sub but you said you have 2 subs. Either I am not reading something right (good possibility) or you wrote something wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

for starters, take physics in highschool. they teach you all of this in detail, fo freeeeeeeeee

if you didnt do that, go to www.bcae1.com and teach yourself

moral of the story is no, go learn ohm's law and you'll realize that what you described will give a .5ohm load (two 1ohm loads in parallel is .5 ohm)

this stuff is ridiculously simple, its barely even 4th grade math. I'm 100% sure I learned multiplicitive inverses and adding fractions in 4th grade and that's literally all you need to do this yourself. not even joking, pre-teens do this without thinking.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Yes, but as i said. I have 2 subs. If i wire them SEPERATE (thus will achieve 1 ohm) What are the negatives?

what do you mean separate? You said you have a mono block amplifier.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

@raytard (silly name btw) i understand if i wired in parallel i will receive 0.5 ohm which is why i said seperately. Now as i was saying. The box i bought the subs in currently has them wired SEPARATE. AS if i had 2 12s each in its own box. Now for the amplifier, The amp is a monoblock but i have 2 leads coming out of it. By "LEADS" i mean 2 pairs of 14 gauge wire.

@raytard (silly name btw) i understand if i wired in parallel i will receive 0.5 ohm which is why i said seperately. Now as i was saying. The box i bought the subs in currently has them wired SEPARATE. AS if i had 2 12s each in its own box. Now for the amplifier, The amp is a monoblock but i have 2 leads coming out of it. By "LEADS" i mean 2 pairs of 14 gauge wire.

Ok...so a mono block amplifier means one channel. there is no way (and a box has nothing to do with how your subs are wired) you have your subs separate on a mono block amp. 2 D2 subs will either give you .5ohms, 2ohms, or 8 ohms.

PS-just so you know, you don't change the impedance of a speaker, only the load on the amplifier.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

monoblock

one block

break out the dictionary

you have one block, not two (although you may have one block with two holes, just like I have one head with two ears)

so, if you throw two + and two -, each of which has a 1 ohm load attached to it, into the amp, it is effectively a .5 ohm load. its like getting two wet willies at once, its still not one wet willy...No matter what kind of screwed up math you're using I know you cant put 1 and 1 together and get 1 ( i mean, unless you're using multiplication and square roots, but come on, we're way off track now)

leave it at 2 ohms, or buy the correct equipment instead of the cheapest

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC