Second Skin Audio

Box I Designed.. Need your thoughts.

I am getting close to getting the 4 15" RFR2215 subs in a box. But I have been putting a lot of thought into a box design. Here is one I put together today and I would like to know your thoughts.

415Sep262010rev24.jpg

415Sep262010rev23.jpg

415Sep262010rev22.jpg

415Sep262010rev21.jpg

The max outside dimensions I will be willing to use is Height 18" x Width 46" x Depth 33"

My Speaker technical details

415Sep262010rev25.jpg

This will be powered by a T4001bd @ 2ohm which was clamped at 3200rms.

Your Thoughts :)

For those that have bass box Pro here is the bass box pro screen shots

BB4.jpg

BB3.jpg

BB2.jpg

BB1.jpg

BB93.jpgBB92.jpg

BB91.jpgBB9.jpg

BB8.jpgBB7.jpg

There are some Differences between Torres Cal and Bass Box Pro 6

BB6.jpgBB5.jpg

Edited by Hotdog

just looking at torres box cal i would make the box just a little bigger and tune it lower but thats just me i like the lows. i just dont get it says 2.5 sealed and 2.5 ported. i think it should have been 2.75 or 3.0 ported. look at the other sizes they differ from each other sealed vs ported so the 15 should to. thats why i say the box should be a little bigger but its up to you

actually looking at it again i would think it should be more around 3.0 to 3.25. good old power dvc's i love them subs. i had a pair of those, xlc's, punch he2's, power hx2's and a pair of just straight up punch's and i loved them all. the old school rf's would be the only ones i would ever buy. the new subs are complete garbage

Edited by Loudcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

The Bass Box Pro 6 Design gives the subs 2.94ft^3 a piece which is .44ft^3 more then recommended per driver. I can squeeze out anymore with out going over the seat line and I want to stay below for when I compete in a Meca event.

it will be ok with that then i would think. when i had them subs i had them in a box and i think it wasnt even close to the rec and they still were loud

the Old School RFR2215's they dont have a wide roll surround just a small surround so not much xmax. I think that is the reason for smaller enclosure size.. That is just what I think, i really dont know the reason why.

For comparison purpose only a DC Leval 4 15" with the same power rating 1000/2000 has an Xmax of 23.5mm which is 56.7% more Xmax of the RFR2215 which is at 13.5mm. So the DC Leval 4 will move a lot more air then my sub. At least that is my thought on it.. but I not a speaker guy at all :pardon:

Remeasured the area I have to work with..

20" and I can stay below the seat line

2010-09-29100757.jpg

The Distance I currently have from back of my box to the hatch

2010-09-29100435.jpg

Total Distance from my back seat to hatch

2010-09-29100508.jpg

damn im jealous of how deep that cargo area is haha. but ya i agree box should be bigger. and seems like the subs gonna be awfully close to the port, that may cause a loading issue although your running a round port not slotted so maybe not :pardon:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k