Second Skin Audio

got second skin?

DBz

2q3vn2o.jpg

I have this setup right now, 2 L5 12's, any recommendations on what subs I should get next? I was thinking of sealing off the trunk and putting the box with 2 18s in the back seat, but what subs would hit hard but still in a trunk setup? any input is much appreciated :D

thanks

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

2q3vn2o.jpg

I have this setup right now, 2 L5 12's, any recommendations on what subs I should get next? I was thinking of sealing off the trunk and putting the box with 2 18s in the back seat, but what subs would hit hard but still in a trunk setup? any input is much appreciated :D

thanks

I can guarantee you 1 18 would be louder than 2 18's. Why? You're not going to fit a 15+ cube box after displacement into your trunk. If you can fit a big enough box for 1 18, go for it. If not I'd go with 1 15. The make and model would depend on what kind of amp you are going to be running. For example, while the BTL may be Fi's best sub, I would prefer a BL if I was only running say a 2k amp.

I can guarantee you 1 18 would be louder than 2 18's. Why? You're not going to fit a 15+ cube box after displacement into your trunk. If you can fit a big enough box for 1 18, go for it. If not I'd go with 1 15. The make and model would depend on what kind of amp you are going to be running. For example, while the BTL may be Fi's best sub, I would prefer a BL if I was only running say a 2k amp.

1 15 where? in the trunk facing up port up? or facing forward port forward.

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

i'd have to agree with fr34k, you dont have 15 cubes in a trunk..1 15 xl or wait for the new nightshade. :D

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

i'd have to agree with fr34k, you dont have 15 cubes in a trunk..1 15 xl or wait for the new nightshade. :D

Well I was thinkin a box in the backseat somewhere around 13-14 cube range. Lolzzz a nightshade would be niiiicee :yahoo:

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

make sure u seal off your trunk with whatever you decide to do.. and have everything firing in to the car. sub and port.. depending on the amp your running.. ied say go for the new Z 15.. or 2 regular level 4 12s.. or the higher light of audioque subs the heavyduty....

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

i love my nightshade v1, the bl i used to have doesn't even compare.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Archived