Why would you want a TT engine? Out of all the engines you pick that?

Idk first thought in my mind was just an engine swap and it is a twin turbo 4 cyl so it seemd like an easy switch but found out it wasn't lol

And I said idk what engine I'll use, will probably end up being a custom built engine...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

[quote name='manofthehour' date='29 September 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1285804916' post='1221812'

But let me address the real reason I'm doing this...

To make the coolest damn Camry you've ever seen. Period.

---I plan to learn a lot as I take it apart and build this almost completely custom system....

AND again let me say this is an idea NOT written in stone, so I'm looking for GOOD criticism about why something will/will not work, good advice when doing a project like this, etc.

Shit like your retarded by a new car is stupid... I WILL have a daily driver and WILL be working on this car in increments with my friends help... He's re-built one car and is pretty darn good at welding and metal work...

this is what you should have said in the beginning, i didnt know you also had a DD, so sorry about that. i though the camry was your only car. now that i know these small facts, i say go for it and make a badass awd boosted camry that will run low 10's lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

...... and why is my transmission not precise? I custom built it to the nanometer......

and that camry was given to me more reason to have fun with it...

okay I'm going to pretend for a minute that this isn't a huge waste of everyones time and ask serious questions

how much horsepower do you ultimately want to make? are those numbers on 93, E85, or c16? I will tell you right now the audi TT engine is a god awful engine and drivetrain to start out with. actually ANY audi drivetrain is bad to use for a swap of this nature

being completely honest and helpful, use a 1g DSM engine, trans, t-case, and 4 bolt rear end. they are EXTREMELY stout and you can buy a complete running car for under $2500 to use for parts. my friend bought a 470whp 1991 gsx for $4500 and ran mid 11's. that is what you want to look into

okay quick rundown of parts you should look into and will need for the most reliable and cheapest swap possible

running/driving 1989-1994 Mitsubishi eclipse gsx or eagle talon tsi for engine, trans, t-case, and 4 bolt rear end.

AEM EMS for complete engine management to run in the camry

electric fuel pump and custom fuel lines (aeromotive A1000 is the very best)

custom axles (Drive Shaft Shop is probably best)

and last but not least.. someone with SERIOUS fabrication, mechanical, and wiring skills :drinks:

edit: if anyone wants to say anything negative against the capabilities and reliability of the dsm engine/drivetrain.. find me ANY audi that will do this with stock engine and trans (or any awd car from the early 90's)

fwd or awd it doesnt matter, if you have enough power you'll still blow the tires off. and dont lie, you know you'll get throttle happy and try to roast them at every stoplight lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

this is what you should have said in the beginning, i didnt know you also had a DD, so sorry about that. i though the camry was your only car. now that i know these small facts, i say go for it and make a badass awd boosted camry that will run low 10's lol

Yea fer sure this project can't be done overnight LOL

okay I'm going to pretend for a minute that this isn't a huge waste of everyones time and ask serious questions

how much horsepower do you ultimately want to make? are those numbers on 93, E85, or c16? I will tell you right now the audi TT engine is a god awful engine and drivetrain to start out with. actually ANY audi drivetrain is bad to use for a swap of this nature

being completely honest and helpful, use a 1g DSM engine, trans, t-case, and 4 bolt rear end. they are EXTREMELY stout and you can buy a complete running car for under $2500 to use for parts. my friend bought a 470whp 1991 gsx for $4500 and ran mid 11's. that is what you want to look into

okay quick rundown of parts you should look into and will need for the most reliable and cheapest swap possible

running/driving 1989-1994 Mitsubishi eclipse gsx or eagle talon tsi for engine, trans, t-case, and 4 bolt rear end.

AEM EMS for complete engine management to run in the camry

electric fuel pump and custom fuel lines (aeromotive A1000 is the very best)

custom axles (Drive Shaft Shop is probably best)

and last but not least.. someone with SERIOUS fabrication, mechanical, and wiring skills :drinks:

edit: if anyone wants to say anything negative against the capabilities and reliability of the dsm engine/drivetrain.. find me ANY audi that will do this with stock engine and trans (or any awd car from the early 90's)

Ok see that's what I like to hear LOL yea I've been asking around about audi stuff and my friend made a good point: Those foreign nice cars run good with the stock shit they come with, those German engineers have designed those cars to run with the parts in it and probably won't work well if you swap em with other cars. But I'll be looking into more of what I need but thanks for some tips and parts. and "someone with SERIOUS fabrication, mechanical, and wiring skills" got one and if he can't do it, he knows someone who can.

fwd or awd it doesnt matter, if you have enough power you'll still blow the tires off. and dont lie, you know you'll get throttle happy and try to roast them at every stoplight lol

truuuuu... but I believe AWD will be better in the end

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

AWD is most certainly not the end all traction problems... My brother has problems spinning with his built awd eclipse...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

AWD is most certainly not the end all traction problems... My brother has problems spinning with his built awd eclipse...

now duplicate that setup in a gst and see how those problems magnify by 1000x.

Yeah but proper suspension and weight ratios and tires (like someone said before) will make it minimal, plus I'm not looking to be burning out a bunch I'm trying to keep the gas over 3 mpg LOL

and honestly I race more high speed interstate driving in which I wont be worrying about burning out... everyone can go 0-60 fast but few can go 60-120 fast...

but I'm not a dedicated street racer LOL but like I said, one day I wanna be able to say "I bet my Camry can beat your Mustang." LOLI mean come on if you got beat by a Camry I'd laugh my ass off LOL unique

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

if its a camry do a 2jz swap lol, forgot about that one. shouldn't be too hard.

Archived