Sonic Electronix

You want. The biggest, squarest port you can get. So go for the second option, the first will most likely cause port noise and the last is a bit dodgy too. What's your port area per cubic foot?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You want. The biggest, squarest port you can get. So go for the second option, the first will most likely cause port noise and the last is a bit dodgy too. What's your port area per cubic foot?

It's going to be 3.6 cubes net, with roughly 42-45 square inches of port. so about 12 per cube, I want it a little less because the subs will be a bit overpowered. It just sucks that he wants 32hz, cuz I could do center port with 34 hz, but oh well.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

It's going to be 3.6 cubes net, with roughly 42-45 square inches of port. so about 12 per cube, I want it a little less because the subs will be a bit overpowered. It just sucks that he wants 32hz, cuz I could do center port with 34 hz, but oh well.

That's probably about as low as you want to go. You don't want less port area if they are being overpowered, that just increases the chance of port noise, you want less box volume. But yeah, I'm pretty sure he won't mind if the port is on one side of the box.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Or you could just tune to 34 lol. Is he the kind of guy that would know the difference?

I think that if he needs a box designed for him, he won't know, most people won't.

well, he wanted it tuned low, and I think 32 would be good. I can tell the difference of 2hz in tuning, and he's got friends that know audio pretty well too, and I want them to see I do a good job, cuz that means more business, lol. I just designed the box, so here's a pic.

andrewsbox.jpg

What do you think?

And thanks for the help guys.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

well, he wanted it tuned low, and I think 32 would be good. I can tell the difference of 2hz in tuning, and he's got friends that know audio pretty well too, and I want them to see I do a good job, cuz that means more business, lol. I just designed the box, so here's a pic.

andrewsbox.jpg

What do you think?

And thanks for the help guys.

Just don't tell him and noone will ever know, lol. I'm pretty sure it won't make too much difference, and evenif it does, as long as he isn't after mean SQ or doing a SPL burp box it shouldn't matter.

Yep, good sketchup, and nice box, I see I have some competition, haha.