chuchunesme Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 I've seen some good prices on MB Quart component speakers lately and I'm guessing they've gone down hill in quality. Are they still worth getting or should I look elsewhere? I don't have a lot to dump on components right now, I've actually got some Audiobahn speakers in my car right now that sound fairly good for what I paid. Should I hold out or would the MB's be an upgrade?
LT.Smoke Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 I've seen some good prices on MB Quart component speakers lately and I'm guessing they've gone down hill in quality. Are they still worth getting or should I look elsewhere? I don't have a lot to dump on components right now, I've actually got some Audiobahn speakers in my car right now that sound fairly good for what I paid. Should I hold out or would the MB's be an upgrade? Mb quart used to be reputable but since they were bought out by Maxxsonics there quality has went down..They are still decent but i would look elsewhere Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
AI James Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 i wouldnt waste the money in all honest, save more money and audition some real upgrades. go to your local dealer and listen to some higher end stuff, all of the higher end companies have lower models which will in all likely-hood demolish the Audiobahns and MB Quarts
LT.Smoke Posted October 1, 2010 Report Posted October 1, 2010 Look into Madisound.com They have some nice speakers...or look into the AA Carbon set Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
chuchunesme Posted October 1, 2010 Author Report Posted October 1, 2010 I figured they went down hill, just didn't know how far. It sucks so many good companies sell out. I can't understand how you can build a solid company from the ground up and then see the crap that gets your name slapped on it. I know it won't be hard to blow the Audiobahns out of the water on sound but they came with the car so I couldn't complain at the time, now I'm redoing the whole system I want to make everything at least mid quality. Thanks for the suggestions.
sonic purity Posted October 21, 2010 Report Posted October 21, 2010 I have a set of the reference component that I use use to review equipment and I love em. Very clear and natural. I would probably stay away from anything below the reference series though. n2caraudio.com
chuchunesme Posted October 26, 2010 Author Report Posted October 26, 2010 I ended up getting a set of 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Perfects for cheap. I didn't want to buy anything new that was cheap so I opted for something I knew was good but slightly used.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.