fi q recone question

my buddy has a 15" fi q and wants more of a lower end. will the 18" btl recone fit if he gets the basket with it and how will this alter the specs of the sub if it is possible. will this improve the subs lower end?

dont do that there is no reason for it build the box right to the right tunning and he'll get the performance he wants out of it.. recone it to a Q 18

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Pretty sure the motors are completely different, so no it's not possible. What's the specs on the box it's in? Maybe you just need to tune lower

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

You could try building a new box. That would probably be the cheapest option. Sub up, port facing the hatch 4 cubes net tuned to 28hz. If that doesn't work out I'm sure a second 15" and more power would improve your low end response :)

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

he has an 04 yukon denali and the box is facing backwards towards the hatch and he has contemplated it but he doesnt think making a Q 18 will make a drastic improvement. i mean it doesnt get loud on the lower notes

more cone area should make it louder......For SUV maximum output is subs up port back.

well i like either a new box or another 15 with more power because put a btl recone is out of the question. first i dont the coil will fit in the gap also the soft parts are different for a reason and he bought a mainly sq oriented driver

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived