New computer build NEED HELP!

Ok you guys i got all my parts today for my new computer.

Well i put it together and all was fine. I went into the BIOS and changed the boot priority to boot from disk.

Well when i pop in the windows DVD to install windows i get this

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer

If you continue to receive this error message contact the hardware manufacturer

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occured

The only thing i can do it hit enter and it takes me back to that screen!

HELP!

Oh and i already googled it and nothing makes sense. I didnt unlug ANY usb devices when i was setting stuff up

First off try phiscally removing any additional hardware not needed to run the computer.

Things like sound card(if a pci card is used and not the onboard), video card (and use onboard video if mobo has it), any additional usb device (besides mouse and keyboard, UNLESS you have a old PS2 Keyboard use that instead until you get it booted into windows), any slave hard drives and cd roms, etc.

Just leave the bear essentials.

If it still dont go you will have to format and reinstall the operating system due to missing or damaged files upon initial installation. This will most likely be your needed fix.. :(

Also make sure everything is installed and tightly secured and all additional add-on cards, memory are fully latched in their correct slots.

Also try using different hardware where you can such as keyboard, mouse, dvd drive, cables (especially for your dvd drive/hard drive), etc. Replace one device at a time and hope eventually the message goes away, telling you what device was causing the error.

Also make sure your Cd Rom, and hard drive ribbons are put in correctly and not backwards.

If your running the hard drive and Cdrom off the same ribbon make sure you have the master and slave jumper selections correct, or use cable select for the jumpers on both drives.

Make sure your ribbons are good, if you have a spare ribbon try swapping them out.

Of coarse the above only applies if your using old fashion ribbons, and does not apply to sata cables.

First off try phiscally removing any additional hardware not needed to run the computer.

Things like sound card(if a pci card is used and not the onboard), video card (and use onboard video if mobo has it), any additional usb device (besides mouse and keyboard, UNLESS you have a old PS2 Keyboard use that instead until you get it booted into windows), any slave hard drives and cd roms, etc.

Just leave the bear essentials.

If it still dont go you will have to format and reinstall the operating system due to missing or damaged files upon initial installation. This will most likely be your needed fix.. :(

Also make sure everything is installed and tightly secured and all additional add-on cards, memory are fully latched in their correct slots.

Yea i just have the essentials.

If i do have to re format how will i go about doing that?

Like i said i JUST built this rig today. Also the ONLY thing i changed in the BIOS was DATE, TIME and BOOT ORDER so it would boot up the disk first.

Have you tried restoring your bios to defualt to see if it will go?

Sometimes I notice with my new rig that if I change too many things in bios at once it will not post, so I end up having to change 1 setting at a time, save, restart into windows, then go back into bios to change the next setting I want too.

But this is only every so often, mostly when overclocking my asus board.

Edit:

When you changed your boot order, im assuming you still have ide/hdd 2nd, and cd rom first right?

You didnt just change 1st boot device to cd rom, and not enter anything for the 2nd boot device?

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Have you tried restoring your bios to defualt to see if it will go?

Sometimes I notice with my new rig that if I change too many things in bios at once it will not post, so I end up having to change 1 setting at a time, save, restart into windows, then go back into bios to change the next setting I want too.

But this is only every so often, mostly when overclocking my asus board.

Edit:

When you changed your boot order, im assuming you still have ide/hdd 2nd, and cd rom first right?

You didnt just change 1st boot device to cd rom, and not enter anything for the 2nd boot device?

Ill try restoring the BIOS.

Also i had the DVD drive first HDD second

Check the jumper settings on the cd drive and placement of the ribbon.(if IDE). Try booting w/o drive plugged in?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Okay you guys i just restored the BIOS to original settings and unplugged EVERYTHING and DOUBLE check all my connections and I AM STILL getting that message!