Sonic Electronix

Tapping threads in 15" DC Audio XL - Advice Needed!!!!

Oh I read the thread and it still sounds like a pile of crap to me. Even a chromed pile of crap is still a pile. Good luck your still doomed to fail.:bull:

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

when you say the bolts are stripped people tend to think you mean they're stuck in their holes and the heads are stripped. So how about you give more information and be more specific the next time you fucking post. :peepwall:

the phrase "tapping threads" in the title should tell everyone that he isnt talking about a screw with a stripped out head.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Yea u retard, How do u get stripped head from stripped thread and I need to tap the motor???? I mean even after I clarified it u still didnt understand?

This is a easy fix i'll pm u pics of my beast ass sub thats gonna be shitting on u once its fixed and bangin out 150's all day!!! Just admit ur a dumass soapbox come one we all know its true....

Thanks to all the people who came inot this thread to help and not come in to talk shit...

Edited by dj00140

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

1 3.5 cube interchangeable port box

Finishing this all up over the winter and will be starting to compete in 2011!

651 - 612

Oh I read the thread and it still sounds like a pile of crap to me. Even a chromed pile of crap is still a pile. Good luck your still doomed to fail.:bull:

HAHAHA I mean if this isn't this biggest hater on SMD I dont know who is. Just read that... soapbox u r a hating ass bltch!!!

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

651 - 612

But yes I do understand its going to be a pain to work with magnetized, but if I get the tap in there and I should be able to tap it right?

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

651 - 612

Take a toothpick and drop inside the hole so you can measure how deep the hole is, if you plan on going that route of re-tapping it deeper you'll need to make a tap a bottom threader meaning you grind off the tip of the tap so it has full thread width all the way to the bottom and make damn sure you use oil to lubricate it or it can break a tooth off meaning your in deeper shit than before.

So if you have 1/4" of the thread stripped out and can get at least 1/2" of good thread below that i think you'll be fine bottom tapping the holes, anything less than that and your asking to have it come apart again on you.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Take a toothpick and drop inside the hole so you can measure how deep the hole is, if you plan on going that route of re-tapping it deeper you'll need to make a tap a bottom threader meaning you grind off the tip of the tap so it has full thread width all the way to the bottom and make damn sure you use oil to lubricate it or it can break a tooth off meaning your in deeper shit than before.

So if you have 1/4" of the thread stripped out and can get at least 1/2" of good thread below that i think you'll be fine bottom tapping the holes, anything less than that and your asking to have it come apart again on you.

Thanks for the idea... so your saying just get a bottom tap and dont even drill out the old threads, just tap it to the bottom of the hole and keep it the same size?

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

651 - 612

Ok well Im going to use both ideas, Get the recoil kit, which is 9mm and tap the rest of the hole with an m6 tap and get 16mm bolts, the hole is 20mm deep. I will only drill out enough space for the recoil so I have the remainer stock thread for my stock bolts, Now i just hope that the threads on the bottom line up with the recoil kit... DIDNT think of that til just now :noob:

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

651 - 612