Second Skin Audio

Tinsel lead fix.

Say you have a 15" Level 4xl and the threads holding the leads to the spider snaps. How would you fix this, as in reattach the leads to the spider securely. I have had this problem before and continued running it until the tinsel slap eventually wore down and snapped the leads of one coil. Leading to a recone. Right now, I can hear the leads slapping on notes above 45hz. Anything lower it isn't noticable, but I know what this does to the leads.

My friend is looking to buy my sub when I upgrade. I do NOT want to drop this problem into his hands though. Would possibly hot gluing the leads back to the point where they were once stitched work? That is the only solution I could come up with. :/ Thanks ahead guys.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

get some fishing line and tie it back down

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

get some fishing line and tie it back down

Well I have four spiders, and the stitching goes through just the top spider. (I assume) So are you saying to just thread a needle and try to just go through one spider or? I'm just trying to think of it as to not damage anything any further.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

i think just the top spider should hold it no prob as long as you make at least 10 or so passes tightly like these guys are saying but i would use thread or some type closest to what was used before. i wouldnt use any kind of glue

i knew it was going to be a thread about dc subs.. yeah mine ripped out first day.. in many different boxes.. so umm yeah maybe fishing line? but probably not

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

i knew it was going to be a thread about dc subs.. yeah mine ripped out first day.. in many different boxes.. so umm yeah maybe fishing line? but probably not

Wow the things you say are so pointless and full of bs..... If you dont like DC dont comment on any DC threads!

Archived