Sonic Electronix

Is this even possible? Box Building

This is what i came up with. I calculated a little bracing displacement (45's or whatever) to eat up a little box area.

boxdesignyo.jpg

Any info on the vehicle would be helpful?

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

This is what i came up with. I calculated a little bracing displacement (45's or whatever) to eat up a little box area.

boxdesignyo.jpg

I'm not too experienced but I figured I'd practice. it's similar in what I have for my SA-12s

thanks for trying, but why does everyone think that 3 common walls is the best? its no different sound then any others we are probably going to build it with no common wall

mJzD9.png

thanks for trying, but why does everyone think that 3 common walls is the best? its no different sound then any others we are probably going to build it with no common wall

Well how do you even want it set up? Mine is an L port. Are you looking to have a slot port down teh middle or what?

The only info we have from you is the dimensions.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Well how do you even want it set up? Mine is an L port. Are you looking to have a slot port down teh middle or what?

The only info we have from you is the dimensions.

what else could you possibly need? Im looking for something that will work :lol:

mJzD9.png

1) will the box be sealed from the trunk?

2) 2 4" ports will be just shy of the 9" usually needed per foot of port area but i'm not saying it won't work or even sound good, placing the subs at the farthest away from the center will allow you to place 2 4" ports right in between the subs firing forward just like the subs will be doing.

If you happen to go with the pvc ports you can reduce the size of the box from 13.75/30/26 down to 13.75/30/21.5 with a displacement of .3, net of 3.54 and tuning of 32.46 with a port area of 7.10 (ports would be 2 4" by 14"L).

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

im afraid that wont work because of the 3/4inch you need on the left side of the port then the 3/4 inche side you need on the right side of the port then a 1/2 inch for good measure distance between the two subs and then the 3/4 you need from the other end your port width is not guna be more then 2 i can guarantee it, failed on my first box when the port was suppose to be 3 but it wouldnt fit

umm... YES it will work, this sketchup is to scale, inside circle is the cutout, outside circle is the OD of the sub basket WITH GASKET

yesitcan.jpg

I was going to reccomend that you look into aeroports if you are worried about not having enough room for the port and all. I know my box is smaller than yours, but i have a 3.06 cube box with a 6" aeroport and it makes it tuned to about 35. This is just an idea for you also.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

umm... YES it will work, this sketchup is to scale, inside circle is the cutout, outside circle is the OD of the sub basket WITH GASKET

yesitcan.jpg

should work (didnt do the math) but you WILL need a router to cut the circles out because you may be trimming some wood away from the walls in order to make them fit. and i sure hope you dont plan to do it by hand (sand)

should work (didnt do the math) but you WILL need a router to cut the circles out because you may be trimming some wood away from the walls in order to make them fit. and i sure hope you dont plan to do it by hand (sand)

No i drew that dead even with the walls, plus just because a sub needs a certain cutout, doesn't mean it needs that diameter for more then 3/4" depth.