Coil Rub From Coil Being Shifted

ok so i got the second of my 4 Recones from Fi today and got it all setup and reconed it.. well lets just say all it does for me is look good and sound like SHIT!! this is not my first time reconing. iv reconed about 20 of these. so im not at fault here. i started to mess with the sub while it was playing at verryyyyyyy low levels and i was pulling on the edges spider with my fingers and watching the coil shift in the center(through the top of the cone). everytime i got it to sound decent it would fade back out to rubbing again. i tryed a few ways to try and fix it but i think its shot. i believe the spider is not sittin right on the coil. making it sit at an angel in the pole. this isnt the first problem iv had with them.. my order was for flat wound and i got that same round wire wound coil. idk wht to do on this one. does anyone have any suggestions? Should i contact Fi?

ok so i got the second of my 4 Recones from Fi today and got it all setup and reconed it.. well lets just say all it does for me is look good and sound like SHIT!! this is not my first time reconing. iv reconed about 20 of these. so im not at fault here. i started to mess with the sub while it was playing at verryyyyyyy low levels and i was pulling on the edges spider with my fingers and watching the coil shift in the center(through the top of the cone). everytime i got it to sound decent it would fade back out to rubbing again. i tryed a few ways to try and fix it but i think its shot. i believe the spider is not sittin right on the coil. making it sit at an angel in the pole. this isnt the first problem iv had with them.. my order was for flat wound and i got that same round wire wound coil. idk wht to do on this one. does anyone have any suggestions? Should i contact Fi?

Regardless if you want to argue or not..you didn't shim it right. Recones are built on a motor and basket assembly and are set up flat, it is up to you to shim it concentric off of the pole. It's a great possibility that you could have had a layer overlap throwing it off enough to rub. You do not want a flatwound coil in a BTL motor..the flatwound coil is very short, and I can count on 2 fingers how many of those exist. A D2 coil high xmax coil is a round wire coil, a D2 flatwound coil is VERY VERY short..you excursion will go down and it will sound like crap.

I've built thousands of speakers...once in a very blue moon i'll have a gauge that just does not go right in the motor. Every one is tested before it leaves...so it is found and redone. It happens only when the parts are dropped in and built...but not on a recone.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Regardless...I'm sure you are getting ready for finals and what not. I'll talk to Scott and see if we can work up a deal on another recone.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

let me get this right. its not my fault the recone job is bad?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

can i ask how in the heck you have blown 20 BTL's? I had more power on mine and they lasted 2yrs........and are still in brand new condition. Not laying any blame, just askin because that is very odd for someone with only 2 1500 watt amps on each one. Maybe your sig is outdated and you have different amps now?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

can i ask how in the heck you have blown 20 BTL's? I had more power on mine and they lasted 2yrs........and are still in brand new condition. Not laying any blame, just askin because that is very odd for someone with only 2 1500 watt amps on each one. Maybe your sig is outdated and you have different amps now?

lol. im glad i havnt blown that many. iv reconed some for others. just never had this problem before.