theanimal Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 you mean the 0db part? this is a funny topic. we have all basically tested hearing loss and came to conclude that you lose hearing at the frequency that is played. since 40hz isnt something we hear daily, we wont ever notice it. but the hairs in your ears are shaped like a snail shell. the low frequency hairs are all the way in the back so that 150db at 40hz is blasting by all the other hairs. it should be destroying them but... Had my left ear drum colapse back in the 90's. Got it reconstructed but it has never been right. I have about 30% of my hearing back in that ear. The other one tests fine though.
LoudNLow931 Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 The lows are not what really affect your hearing, Its the highs. Like rock music, Loud concerts stuff like that. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
Sanitarium Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 i get mandatory hearing test at work every year. haven't seen a drop-off yet.
skittlesRgood Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 You just confused me... ?????? LOL! Great... now my snail hairs are deaf... LOL! the hairs that pick up frequencies are in the snail shell part. its all filled with liquid. there is a diaphragm that moves a small bone inside the snail part (lol). that bone sends the sound through the liquid and the hairs sensitive to the frequency pick it up. high frequency sensitive hairs are closest to the bone while the hairs farthest away pick up the low frequencies. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
01 S-10 Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 I lost most of the hearing in my right ear last week and finally went to the doctor this week. She said there is blood on my ear drum and she thinks it burst. She said it could be from an infection that swelled but my wife keeps telling me its because of loud music. TDH FTW !!!
-Hobby- Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 I have never had any ringing in the ears from sitting in an over 150db vehicle. In 1981 I went to see Ozzy Osbourne on the Blizzard of Ozz tour. I had 4th row seats and had severe ringing in the ears and hearing loss that lasted for weeks. That still is the damn loudest place I have ever been. I have been to 100+ concerts and none of them came close to that night.
LoudNLow931 Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 I have never had any ringing in the ears from sitting in an over 150db vehicle. In 1981 I went to see Ozzy Osbourne on the Blizzard of Ozz tour. I had 4th row seats and had severe ringing in the ears and hearing loss that lasted for weeks. That still is the damn loudest place I have ever been. I have been to 100+ concerts and none of them came close to that night. I went to the oz fest when my sister husbands band played there and I was pretty deaf for a few weeks lol 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
REaudioBuff Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 This is kinda nice to see but at the same time makes me feel dumb... lol I have had a 150+ system for about a year and notice no difference in hearing at all. Again totally agreeing with the other guys ^^^ there that the mids and highs will kill ya way faster than the Subs will. Personally if when im 50 I cant hear thunder I wont be too mad lol. 1 Crossfire XS v2 15" 2 Deka group31a's 1 XS Power D3400 (under hood) 1 Addictive Audio 500.1 1 Rockford 3sixty.2 4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s 2 Pyle Pro Super tweets 1 Crescendo 1000c4 Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit Big Three upgrade All 0 gauge of course 1 4.56c^ft box @28hz (New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)
techforce Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 This is kinda nice to see but at the same time makes me feel dumb... lol I have had a 150+ system for about a year and notice no difference in hearing at all. Again totally agreeing with the other guys ^^^ there that the mids and highs will kill ya way faster than the Subs will. Personally if when im 50 I cant hear thunder I wont be too mad lol. LOL! Amen! That's why there is lightning!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.