Be Driven to Compete

what kind of system u got

my 1st system was only 1 12" kicker cvr on a 300w amp in a trunk car.

currently 2 DC XL 18s on a DD Z2 @ 5.6ohm (~1kw) in a burban.

i only have 1 battery, it will get much better in the future =].

I dont think thats too bad, you came up alot and kept at it.

thnx ed. i will continue. this is my life & passion :woot: .

My first show was in the 120s on todays meter, and even my first big show in 2000 was in the 130s on todays meter. Cant start on the top. We need more guys like you that keep at it.

Well Said Ed!

I only wish this new blood had half the heart as some of us older guys.

u know i have the desire to compete bill ;).

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

I believe in let your actions in the lane do all the talking for you. I've been asked again and again why I have competed in db Drag. What a lot of people don't realize is that it is one of the few organizations that actually tracks stats back that far. There has been a lot that have been missed place for numerous reasons but, for the most there is a record. Now I've competed in USACi, IASACA and now tryed MECA and must say they all have there ups and downs but, dB DRag is by far the one with the most robust online community and stats pages.

I can relate to those Circuit City shows proof below:

dBDragt-shirts002.jpg

dBDragt-shirts001.jpg

STILL BRAND NEW....LOL

Dude, thats awesome. I forgot all about the shirts. I have never worn mine. Now time to find them haha.

Thank you

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I think I fit the adversity and underdog part. Hell I wouldnt mind competing I would have last month in Louisville, if I had had the funds to do so. If nothing else just for shits and giggles. I might have had guys laughing at my system but they walked away complimenting. I got an "I'm impressed" and "Sounds Good"

If anything comments like that builds my confidence, because I do have such a small ass system.

I think I fit the adversity and underdog part. Hell I wouldnt mind competing I would have last month in Louisville, if I had had the funds to do so. If nothing else just for shits and giggles. I might have had guys laughing at my system but they walked away complimenting. I got an "I'm impressed" and "Sounds Good"

If anything comments like that builds my confidence, because I do have such a small ass system.

Yes, that is another thing. Having good sportsman or womanship at a show. Complimenting or applauding some new comers can draw more people to continue competing.

For me, I think it was the combo of some veterans compliments and the challenge from others trying to say I couldnt do it. Everyone has their own individual stories of what got them. But we are all similar in one sense, we love this stuff.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I have been doing this, competing, for a year now. So far I am the King of second and third place and I think 8th at the last NSPL show. Spent gobs of money and had a blast doing it. Met so many great people that have helped me tremendously over this season.

I have been building my own systems for 20+ years and had no idea what I was doing till about 3 years ago when I started getting serious. Went to my first show last summer and was hooked. A sport using high power audio equipment? Cant think of anything I would enjoy doing more as a hobby.

If all I was in this to do was win first place trophies I would have quit after having my ass handed to me several times. My setup isnt built for classes so I get put against monster systems and regularly get beat by 5-15 DB's. But it isnt about winning for me its about having a good time with like minded folk. I love the loud music and the hard pounding bass. Thats why the system is in the truck. Its not there so I can win a comp.

Good thread you started here Ed. Couldnt agree with you more.

No go put something in that HHR so I can smack you down in the lanes :D

Me and my buddy mike were discussing this earlier today.

He's been competing for quite some time himself.

He was telling me how back in the day there were cash prizes to be won in the classes.

Would you rather win a $15 trophy or $50-$100+ cash for your hard work and money that you put into your vehicle?

He says he's sunken ~$1200 into DB Drag this year with all the shows he's attended.

I think that if you put the time and effort into raping everyone in your class, you should get more than a Jacket...

Football is a sport.

Players make insane amounts of money.

Basketball is a sport.

Again, the players are paid quite well if they perform well.

DB Drag is a sport.

Shouldn't you receive something for doing a damn fine job?

Not only have cash rewards for 1st, but also 2nd and 3rd.

Do it 50-50.

Event Promoter takes half and the other half is divided among the winners.

Well Said Ed!

I only wish this new blood had half the heart as some of us older guys.

<_<

Ed for President!

YAY VERILY!!!

Yes, that is another thing. Having good sportsman or womanship at a show. Complimenting or applauding some new comers can draw more people to continue competing.

For me, I think it was the combo of some veterans compliments and the challenge from others trying to say I couldnt do it. Everyone has their own individual stories of what got them. But we are all similar in one sense, we love this stuff.

i will say this Ric Thorton is one of the best people for that...no matter what, he gets the crowd applauding and gets the person recognition. whether the score be small or large he gives everyone props...thats one of the big reasons i keep going to his shows.

I have been doing this, competing, for a year now. So far I am the King of second and third place and I think 8th at the last NSPL show. Spent gobs of money and had a blast doing it. Met so many great people that have helped me tremendously over this season.

I have been building my own systems for 20+ years and had no idea what I was doing till about 3 years ago when I started getting serious. Went to my first show last summer and was hooked. A sport using high power audio equipment? Cant think of anything I would enjoy doing more as a hobby.

If all I was in this to do was win first place trophies I would have quit after having my ass handed to me several times. My setup isnt built for classes so I get put against monster systems and regularly get beat by 5-15 DB's. But it isnt about winning for me its about having a good time with like minded folk. I love the loud music and the hard pounding bass. Thats why the system is in the truck. Its not there so I can win a comp.

Good thread you started here Ed. Couldnt agree with you more.

No go put something in that HHR so I can smack you down in the lanes :D

Ive been competing for 5 years now but as Ed said...i was used to getting 3rd-last all the time...w the 4 15s i was Super Street 3-4 and at the show only getting from 145-147 (never got my 148.9 in the lanes and couldnt understand why). db drag was the ONLY comp that was ever around (besides the local sound of tristate show) and i would be stomped unless nobody was in my class...but bassrace was my thing and i loved it.

i agree with Ed as well...cant give up...just keep trying...it wasnt til i switched over to DC i started getting more and more wins and found more organizations to do other classes...also that goes to show just because 1 event kills you doesnt mean you cant do another one and kick ass...db drag i STILL get my ass handed to me...ss1-2 i get beat anywhere from 10-15 dbs on an average.

gotta get the right set up for you and if you happen to win..that makes it even better...

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Ive only been to one show so far and i loved it. At first I wasnt going to compete but the judges and other competitors persuaded me to give it a try. I didnt even have my system setup for the current draw so i had to borrow a few tools from another competitor to get it "ready". At first I was thinking the guy was gonna tell me to gofuck myself because i could possibly be competing against him, but he kindly opened his toolbox and gave me a chance to pick out whatever tool I needed. While watching people do their runs I started talking to a few guys about the sport/their cars/ or w/e. There was one guy in my class who was even giving me tips on how to do better.

What im trying to say here is competing is fun. It feels great to compete and even greater to win. I placed 2nd in my first show ever and im proud of that. At these shows you can meet tons of great people and learn alot more. I plan to attend many many more shows as they come up. I was actually planning to become a MECA member until i realised that the season was over lol.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Me and my buddy mike were discussing this earlier today.

He's been competing for quite some time himself.

He was telling me how back in the day there were cash prizes to be won in the classes.

Would you rather win a $15 trophy or $50-$100+ cash for your hard work and money that you put into your vehicle?

He says he's sunken ~$1200 into DB Drag this year with all the shows he's attended.

I think that if you put the time and effort into raping everyone in your class, you should get more than a Jacket...

Football is a sport.

Players make insane amounts of money.

Basketball is a sport.

Again, the players are paid quite well if they perform well.

DB Drag is a sport.

Shouldn't you receive something for doing a damn fine job?

Not only have cash rewards for 1st, but also 2nd and 3rd.

Do it 50-50.

Event Promoter takes half and the other half is divided among the winners.

this is kinda what i think too, thats what keeps me from competeing alot now, at 30+ dollars per for dbdrag and another 30+ for bassrace thats 60+ per show, and if you win you get a 15-20 dollar trophy when you have thousands put into your system and then a good junk of change just to compete...id like to get reworded for all the time money and work put into the system....thats just me tho. dont get me wrong i love goin to the shows its a blast to kick it with everyone and demo all day long check out other ppls builds but as far as the competeing goes i agree alot with pimpin on this one

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER