Sonic Electronix

AC volts when starpping amps

Just clearing a few more things up.. When I go to set the gain on my master, im going to hook up the leads on the DMM to the point where they all meet on the box, so it's like measuring 1 + and 1 -. Am I going to be looking for power at 3k since that's what the amps rated at which is, 55.77AC/V or am I going to look at it at 6k since theyre strapped, 77.45 volts? I'm set on the 77.45 since that's the sq rt of 6k, and that's the formula for finding out the voltage needed.

Also, since the sundowns are under rated, would it be alright to say they're doing around 6.4k? That would allow a solid 80 volts to go to the sub. Amps will be run at .5 ea, and the elec will be there to back it up.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Set it for 77.45 volts at the sub's terminals.

I can't remember what voltage those amps swing on the rails, so I can't say that going for 80 volts is a good or bad idea. Tempted to say bad.

DMM'ing your gains is kinda dumb anyway, it's like a kinda ballpark figure at the best of times. Get a scope, you're throwing around 6kw+, do it properly.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Set it for 77.45 volts at the sub's terminals.

I can't remember what voltage those amps swing on the rails, so I can't say that going for 80 volts is a good or bad idea. Tempted to say bad.

DMM'ing your gains is kinda dumb anyway, it's like a kinda ballpark figure at the best of times. Get a scope, you're throwing around 6kw+, do it properly.

yeah i will definetly look around for someone with an o scope so i can do it prop. I'll just set it at 77 and tune it up depding if the amps are still doing clean signal past 80v

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

if each amp can do 55V at 0.5 ohm then when you strap them and run them at 1 ohm final, each amp still does 55v since they are both put on a 0.5 ohm load. because they are run in series you add their voltages together 55v + 55v is 110v

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Archived