Just bought a new car! Anyone familiar with L67s and M90 Blowers?

I thought you were pulling timing. That's what I got our of it. And as far as I know ,without valve springs and a stock cam you could only go to a 1.80 or 1.84 rocker..??

Anywho. I'm not sure on mods yet since the car has 160k miles and I dunno if I wanna dump alot internally with cams and timing so I might just work on the top end a bit otherwise it's just gonna get way to expensive when you get into cams and heads , which sucks because that's were all the power lies.

But as for my mods. Mist are in my original post. I'm gonna try a 3.3 pulley then see where my kr is at. Headers will give me a huge advantage as they will allow me to drop .2-.3 in pulley size alone.

I would just go with the speed daddy headers off eBay and pickup a 3" flex section from zzp and have it welded in... that is going to save you a shit ton over the zzp headers.

As for running stock springs+stock cam, this is straight off zzp's site(i'm not shifting higher than 6k):

These work with all stock or aftermarket pushrods, lifters, springs, retainers. They will not work with aftermarket cams. Aftermarket springs are recommended for shift points higher than 6000.

Being in Michigan there is alot of grand prix and fiero guys running around here(and zzp is right around the corner ;)) that have a lot more experience than I do in modding these cars. Everyone I talked to said I would be fine with the stock springs, and a few had actually ran the same setup for 25,000+ miles before going cam'd. A 3.3" with headers, rockers, a good tune, and intake... I would say you would be safe. Just remember that bonne isn't a light car and the transmission is definitely the weakest point in these cars ;) If you were closer I would hook you up with my boy that tunes mine, he is awesome.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I contemplated taking a trip to ZZP. But it's just to damn far from me. I'm in Duluth mn. Both intense and ZZP set the pcms to a 6k shift point, but I heard nothing about the stock valves being ok on them considering you are looking at the valves when u put the rockers on I just thought it would be a good match and a perfect time to throw them in.

Speed daddy won't fit a Bonneville due to the angle degree of the rear manifold which is different from the grand prixs

Im waiting to see if my buddy will sell me his ZZP headers. If he let's them go ( their brand new ) it'll be $500. And much better quality and heat shielding than the sd headers or pacesetters

As far as the tranny goes. I'm hoping it lasts. If you saw in my op IRS going in Wednesday for a filter, fluid change and a shift kit. If something looks bad I saw there is a local brand new rebuilt with lots of upgrades and zero miles for 1500 installed

If not I'm pretty site this one will be torn up in a matter of months

I contemplated taking a trip to ZZP. But it's just to damn far from me. I'm in Duluth mn. Both intense and ZZP set the pcms to a 6k shift point, but I heard nothing about the stock valves being ok on them considering you are looking at the valves when u put the rockers on I just thought it would be a good match and a perfect time to throw them in.

Speed daddy won't fit a Bonneville due to the angle degree of the rear manifold which is different from the grand prixs

See if you can get ahold of Chris(DOHCZ34) on clubgp... he should be out your way(or was at one point) and does a hell of good job tuning. Paul from PRJ does a good job too and is closer than ZZP.

Let me guess zoom told you the speed daddys wouldn't fit? all you need is a gp trans stick and to grind a cunt hair off the top of the front left motor mount. The ZZP headers are definitely nicer, but the speed daddys are not shitty quality. The design is actually a copycat of the old SLP headers, only real problem is the flex... but if you put the zzp flex in you are good to go. Paceshitters are garbage and have to hacked to hell to get to fit even in a grand prix.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Actually it was the eBay seller who was selling the speed daddys. I told him in the first message I had a w body dipstick and he still said no go. Bonnevilles have a different pitch on the rear manifold compared to the gp.

I mean I looked at them but if the seller is telling me they still won't fit I ll take his word for it. I mean it's his loss really.

But If you really think about it those ZZP headers for $500 plus the Tog downpipe both stainless and ceramic coated can't be beat no matter what. Also if I decide to buy a gtp down the road and demod

Actually it was the eBay seller who was selling the speed daddys. I told him in the first message I had a w body dipstick and he still said no go. Bonnevilles have a different pitch on the rear manifold compared to the gp.

I mean I looked at them but if the seller is telling me they still won't fit I ll take his word for it. I mean it's his loss really.

But If you really think about it those ZZP headers for $500 plus the Tog downpipe both stainless and ceramic coated can't be beat no matter what. Also if I decide to buy a gtp down the road and demod my Bonneville I can just take all my mods off and transfer. Which is another reason I don't wanna get to deep into modding the Bonneville yet.

What was the biggest improvement in mods for you? Or did u do everything at once.

I've heard that just the PCM pulley and intake make a pretty big difference as it is

See if you can get ahold of Chris(DOHCZ34) on clubgp... he should be out your way(or was at one point) and does a hell of good job tuning. Paul from PRJ does a good job too and is closer than ZZP.

Let me guess zoom told you the speed daddys wouldn't fit? all you need is a gp trans stick and to grind a cunt hair off the top of the front left motor mount. The ZZP headers are definitely nicer, but the speed daddys are not shitty quality. The design is actually a copycat of the old SLP headers, only real problem is the flex... but if you put the zzp flex in you are good to go. Paceshitters are garbage and have to hacked to hell to get to fit even in a grand prix.

Where or what is PRJ btw :noob:

PRJ is in Illinois I believe... He's one of the goto 3800 guys. www.prjperformance.com

The most noticeable mod was definitely the rockers, it opened up the top end acceleration more and I get better mpg with them. By far best bang for the buck!

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995