I don't even have 4g here yet, but I get 2.6mb per sec downloads over 3g, this thing flies. I connected to my home WIFI and I get 5.6mb on my 6.0 DSL!! I'm told 4g should be here in about 2 months so we will see. Now I just have my learning curve going from WinMo 6.5 to Android 2.2. Overall I'm loving it though. Its slimmer than my Touch Pro 2 with a much larger screen.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

I was going to get an EVO, but I couldn't find a single one anywhere and bought the Samsung Epic instead. I have intermittent 4g service out here and when I was in Tampa had a really good 4g connection. The 4g is stupid fast.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

I was going to get an EVO, but I couldn't find a single one anywhere and bought the Samsung Epic instead. I have intermittent 4g service out here and when I was in Tampa had a really good 4g connection. The 4g is stupid fast.

I hear ya, I was actually surprised they had them. Wellington Green Mall sprint store had them instock, the Epic which I guess is newer is shorter on stock there I guess. I should be seeing some 4g service when I start working in North Miami in a few weeks.

97 Maxima SE

Do you know anyone with a ton of messages running an EVO or Epic? I'm chugging along on a Hero w/ 2.1 and it's literally killing me at work. For contacts with a ton of interaction (huge history) the screen at times will take upwards of 30 seconds to load a text from a contact with a large history. Or if I get a text or call while I'm writing an email or a text the phone just stops responding for 10 seconds. I know it has more to do with it being on an older platform, but just thought it was worth asking about on a newer phone. All of the reviews on bother the Epic and EVO are positive, but not with people who have monster history (they are just reviewing it so they might have 20 messages and an email for a given contact). I'm still not sure if I want an Epic or an EVO though...

How is the keyboard? On my Hero I get a good 5-8 words ahead of the screen which is pretty annoying.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I have tons of messages on my EVO and especially after froyo have never had an issue with being ahead of my phone. this thing flies and i have a ton of apps as well it doesnt seem to be any slower than when i got it on june 4th. If anything its even faster now since its not on the 2.1 platform

Do you know anyone with a ton of messages running an EVO or Epic? I'm chugging along on a Hero w/ 2.1 and it's literally killing me at work. For contacts with a ton of interaction (huge history) the screen at times will take upwards of 30 seconds to load a text from a contact with a large history. Or if I get a text or call while I'm writing an email or a text the phone just stops responding for 10 seconds. I know it has more to do with it being on an older platform, but just thought it was worth asking about on a newer phone. All of the reviews on bother the Epic and EVO are positive, but not with people who have monster history (they are just reviewing it so they might have 20 messages and an email for a given contact). I'm still not sure if I want an Epic or an EVO though...

How is the keyboard? On my Hero I get a good 5-8 words ahead of the screen which is pretty annoying.

You need to download the 2.2 Software for the Hero...I have it on mine and it moves quick...The Evo is FN awesome i have a work phone and its the Evo 4g when im eligible for my upgrade in January im getting the 4g for my personal phone as well.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Evo is sex, but it's wayyyy too big for my tastes. That's what stopped me from canceling my order for the X because it's even bigger than that mofo! Enjoy your phone though!

the droid x? side by side the droid x is a bigger phone. the screen is the same but it has more phone on the bottom where the buttons are and a bump on the back for the camera id say the evo slides into my pocket way better than that thing did.

the droid x? side by side the droid x is a bigger phone. the screen is the same but it has more phone on the bottom where the buttons are and a bump on the back for the camera id say the evo slides into my pocket way better than that thing did.

That's what I meant, the X is bigger than the Evo. Idk I couldn't have that big of a product in my pocket, but they are just awesome phones I think one day I might have to upgrade lol.

I can't comment on performance with messages, I try to keep those clean, otherwise it's just clutter. My Evo came with 2.2 so I don't know how much better the performance is over the 2.1. It is bigger than my Touch Pro 2, but I got used to it pretty quick.

97 Maxima SE