Second Skin Audio

did i just fry my magnet?

rasic

and by lookin at your sig the box you have them un is more than wut is recommended for the subs. a little bit smaller box would help. also p4killer the subs are rated at 1000 rms a piece so hes not even seeing rated on the subs he was just clipping the shit out of them

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

ok, yea smoke is never a good thing and means something is burning, and its not like its a reversable process. its just wierd it still plays. he prolly stopped it just before they completely let go. But def dont play it, slinky-ing the coil could scratch up things inside or just completely sieze it up. Just kinda wierd that it still play for now :P note to self when sending double the rms to a woofer, be careful. usually its cool for a burp or maybe a demo, but daily double the rms is askin for fail

i was doing 400-500 rms over, should i upgrade the vc, aluminum?

system:

changes way to much...

and by lookin at your sig the box you have them un is more than wut is recommended for the subs. a little bit smaller box would help. also p4killer the subs are rated at 1000 rms a piece so hes not even seeing rated on the subs he was just clipping the shit out of them

was was giving IT more then rated, i was only using one sub at the time. and yeah i think it was due to the clipping cause ive been playing alot of decaf. i need to invest in a oscope. what makes you think i wont be able to give it the power it needs when i have both playing

system:

changes way to much...

uhh less power

im pretty sure it was due to the clipping, the icon can handle good power from my experince, i just havent tuned my shit since i dont know someone that has a oscope, and this car isnt elligable for a hu so im using factory, so once i get the new car (soon) ill be making sure everything is okay, hopefully...

system:

changes way to much...

im pretty sure it was due to the clipping, the icon can handle good power from my experince, i just havent tuned my shit since i dont know someone that has a oscope, and this car isnt elligable for a hu so im using factory, so once i get the new car (soon) ill be making sure everything is okay, hopefully...

Low preout voltage and i assume your just cranked the gain up until it got as loud as you wanted. Doesn't work that way.... I would recone it and get a smaller box, or be conservative on the gain/power. :woot:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

How can a hot magnet be shot? I think your ears are just playing games, you need to set your gains with a DMM so this doesn't happen, if you're seeing smoke then you're clipping like crazy.

how do you set your gains with a dmm ?? starting to learn all this stuff and still have more to learn.

Low preout voltage and i assume your just cranked the gain up until it got as loud as you wanted. Doesn't work that way.... I would recone it and get a smaller box, or be conservative on the gain/power. :woot:

gain was a little less then half way, so was sensitivity

system:

changes way to much...

you will never see 2000rms from that amp just cause of voltage drop, imp rise, etc.. just cuz you get an amp that is 2000 watts doesnt mean it will do 2000 watts

yes i understand that, i am getting a battery soon, plus alt once i get a hold of some money, i guess you didnt know i was playing 1 woffer at the time.

system:

changes way to much...

Archived