Sonic Electronix

Im not getting ANY fower to my in dash,amp, or subs. HELP!!

And you're 100% sure your subs are Dual 4ohm and not Dual 2ohm?

Also, on your indash power wire (the yellow, not red) is there a little box on it? Not where the fuse goes, another box.

yeah the box says there dual 4ohm I bought em brand new, and yeah there was a box on the yellow that had a fuse and that fuse was good, but as far as another box I cant remember for sure, I will have to run down and pull it back out so I can check

AND AGAIN THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP AND ADVICE ITS GREATLY APPRICIATED!!!

and how was it wired before? you said you rewired it to give you more bass.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

and how was it wired before? you said you rewired it to give you more bass.

yeah I did, before I just had one channel going into one side of each sub, so each sub had one red/black with no wires into

yeah the box says there dual 4ohm I bought em brand new, and yeah there was a box on the yellow that had a fuse and that fuse was good, but as far as another box I cant remember for sure, I will have to run down and pull it back out so I can check

Check if there's another box type thing, because on an indash I just sold there was the fuse and another box. And I'm pretty sure the kid I sold it to didn't disconnect the battery or something while installing it and that little box fried something and he wasn't getting power to the indash, and since the remote cable was connected to it that meant the amp wasn't turning on so that's pretty much meant no power anywhere. So maybe that's what happened cuz it sounds like you're in the same situation.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Check if there's another box type thing, because on an indash I just sold there was the fuse and another box. And I'm pretty sure the kid I sold it to didn't disconnect the battery or something while installing it and that little box fried something and he wasn't getting power to the indash, and since the remote cable was connected to it that meant the amp wasn't turning on so that's pretty much meant no power anywhere. So maybe that's what happened cuz it sounds like you're in the same situation.

I wasnt hooking anything up at the time it was about 3 or 4 days after I re wired the subs that it just didnt turn on when I started my car and it wouldnt turn on and no power to in dash or amp since

Get a test light or a DMM and poke around. You've popped your accessory fuse, I reckon.

I did just that and I found another fuse in the power line on the deck it was hidden way up in the dash, but now I read my amp papers that were in its box and it says you cant wire it "in bridged mono" so that means I need to just wire them back to stereo? The thing shows only single voice coil subs wired to the amp in "bridged mono" and says that itll cause amp damage but my subs are DVC so should I still not keep them wired like that and just wire them back to "stereo" and not use the 2nd voice coil on each? It sounds louder wired like the diagram I posted but if its gonna fry my amp I dont want to do that ya know

the amp paperwork says "two 4-ohm speakers wired in parallel to a bridged two channel amp will present a 2 ohm mono load to the amp and can cause amp damage" now i didnt wire em bridged tho the right pos. and neg. go to the right sub, and the left pos. and neg. go to the left sub. so is 2ohms to each channel ok and just 2 ohms to a bridged amp will blow it?

I wired the subs to the crutchfield sub wiring chart for a 2 channel amp for 2 dvc subs, I also have a Orion XTR 450 xtreme power/X-over (thats what it says on the front) that I dont know if it still works my older brother gave it to me awhile back, I might hook that up to see if it works at all still, and then go from there, I figured I overloaded it, I had a Kole audio 1920watt amp and 2 image dynamic 15s in the car I had before this one and they were real loud this set up cant even compair to that one I miss it, I hit a 127 with them, I want to get that amp again cause it was a beast but I dont know Im on a harsh budget waiting on disability to come thru so I cant really do much at the minute unfortanitly. THANK YOU very much for the help I really appriciate it!

Thank you for making my day....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.