Well first there is no such thing as candy black.

What is black that looks candy called,would it have to have another color added to it to make it candy?

I had seen a pic of a F150 (I think thats what it was)that said it was candy painted black with a splash of red.I was a black cherry color(Lookin' REALLY nice) leaning more towards black.

That's you. I imagine you don't have a shop that you paint at?

So you don't have the overhead a shop would have like paying employees, rent, electric, water, keeping paints and chemicals in stock, advertising, etc.

A decent candy job will cost you upwards of $6,000 IMO.

Maybe some other places charge less because of more competition, but around here there aren't to many places to go.

Actually I do have a shop that I paint at. It's not my shop but a buddy of mine owns it and lets me use it nights/weekends. I won't do candy paint actually. I stick with strictly single stage and base/clear. A good candy takes a whole 'nother level of skill to lay it down properly and honestly....I don't like doin all the extra work that comes with doin candy. I don't even like to color sand/buff but I will because it makes such a difference. If it were up to me I'd just do the painting and let someone else do the rest lol.

What is black that looks candy called,would it have to have another color added to it to make it candy?

I had seen a pic of a F150 (I think thats what it was)that said it was candy painted black with a splash of red.I was a black cherry color(Lookin' REALLY nice) leaning more towards black.

Planet Color, in their Barrett Jackson line, makes a tri stage black that's pretty damn decent looking. You lay down your black base coat then follow up with a clear midcoat that has pearl added to it. Not terribly expensive and honestly it looks pretty damn good.

Well I went to check some shops out today.2 places said the didn't do candy,one place quoted me $12,000 and that was "Because you don't need any body work",and another place was "Around $10,000+" but when he showed me some pics,IMO I could have done better with a few cans of Krylon,LOL.

Unless I take a road trip to Florida or something I'm gona have to put this idea on hold,for now at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Black is black these is nothing more to it lol.

Now you can make it look more "Wet" as they say when it comes to kandy paint.

Well I went to check some shops out today.2 places said the didn't do candy,one place quoted me $12,000 and that was "Because you don't need any body work",and another place was "Around $10,000+" but when he showed me some pics,IMO I could have done better with a few cans of Krylon,LOL.

Unless I take a road trip to Florida or something I'm gona have to put this idea on hold,for now at least.

Tow your car down that way and you will pay half the price those places are quoting you.

damn thats expensive. i paid $7000 for my chameleon paint job.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I have shot kirker candy for my first time and it went fine...wasnt the best but for 500 in paint i was damn happy...shops have alot of over head and candy will take a full day from morning to night there prolly will be about 14-18 coats of paint from primer to clear then the next day will be wet sanding and buffing...3-5 grand for a candy with doors glass trunk and hood installed and 8+ with the vehicle blown apart..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Archived